Can food stamps be used to buy protein shakes?

smartygina
on 4/7/17 7:04 pm

I know this post is old and I am new here, but just learned this the other day after buying a huge tub of pure whey protein. Thinking it would be good for my ""reset"" diet. What I learned was that there's a difference between meal replacement shakes and just pure protein shakes (whey). I was looking for a meal replacement shake and instead bought just a protein shakes which protein shakes are good for building muscle and possibly meal replacement, although I would not recommend it w/out first speaking with your dr. or heath expert. The. Actual meal replacements are actually what will help you lose weight so instead of eating 3 meals a day for example: drink two. Meal replacement shakes and then one healthy meal per day, with cruchy snacks in between, such as nuts, carrots, celery apples etc.. and then eat one Healthy meal .. Unfortunately did not know there was a difference between the meal replacement shakes and the pure protein shakes. So just in case anybody else doesn't know this I just wanted to post that there's a difference between just a regular protein shake a hundred percent whey protein and and meal replacement you'll know the difference just by looking simply at the ingredients you're going to see a lot more vitamins and all your daily values that you need in a meal replacement shake. You won't see that in just the whey protein shakes.. I'm going to go ti Wal-Mart in the next few days and see if I can purchase using food stamps and will repost on here again as soon as I do, to let you all know what you can and cannot purchase using your EBT card. Good luck every one. Also ive find outs ignorant to have a cheat day, I've never made it very. far on any diet. With out a cheat day.. By starving myself and never feeling any pleasure or satisfaction, you need it once in awhile just to Keep going thru the hard parts of weight loss ?

Aleyahsj96
on 5/25/17 10:13 pm

Did you ever try to buy the protein powder with Ebt? I do meal replacement shakes and was wondering if I could just purchase that with Ebt to add to my shakes?

jule R.
on 2/11/12 7:12 am
VSG on 01/31/12 with
I didn't see the original post- but I definately didn't say that to offend anyone- I am poor! And that was from my experience! I guess maybe I mis-typed that? IDK but I hope I did not offend I meant it as helpful advise

Lexie 84
on 2/11/12 7:56 am - Washington, DC
VSG on 03/13/12
On February 11, 2012 at 3:12 PM Pacific Time, jule R. wrote:
I didn't see the original post- but I definately didn't say that to offend anyone- I am poor! And that was from my experience! I guess maybe I mis-typed that? IDK but I hope I did not offend I meant it as helpful advise
 Its cool boo it was a misunderstanding by Sleeva and they deleted it. No worries! :)

VeronicaJ5
on 2/10/12 11:15 pm - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
I get my protein from walmart and I love it, they have pretty decent shakes and you can use food stamps at alot of places like drug stores that carry shakes and powders , just ask if they take EBT alot do !
ready2Bhealthy2
on 2/11/12 12:17 am
Yes you can.  You can buy either powder or shakes.  By the way, being on food stamps doesn't make you poor, (**** we are all poor damnit)  it just means you are eligible for extra help.  The demeaning attitude of some is rude and disrespectful. 
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
julyxo84
on 2/11/12 1:27 am - Pembroke Pines, FL
 damn, i need to get in on some food stamps then!
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

ready2Bhealthy2
on 2/11/12 1:58 am
Me too lady!  It's crazy what you can buy on food stamps.  I have to look at prices when I shop and my sister doesn't...I'm a bit jealous!  But for the record she does look at prices and uses coupons.
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
nuleaseonlife
on 10/9/13 4:08 am

Yes....I agree with you it is demeaning...I am on disability  and get a small amount on which will assist me after I get my surgery ...soon I hope just finishing up with doctors and tests ....but I am glad to hear that I can purchase protein powder with EBT @ Walmart hope that means florida also ...I am glad I found this forum it is very helpful ....any of you guys know if there are ways to get affordable vitamins @ a discount?  thanks

Sandy1500
on 12/12/17 1:47 am

I'm trying to figure out if I can buy the drinks with my EBT card and I read that protein diet drinks could only be purchased with EBT if it did NOT state that it was FDA-approved as a supplement. Now I'm trying to figure out which ones that would be. I'm hoping it states it right there on the label.

Most Active