Not losing =(

Lace H.
on 2/23/12 3:20 pm - Kapolei, HI
VSG on 01/11/12
I'm frustrated.  I'm 6 weeks post op and have only lost 20 lbs total.  10 lbs before surgery and 10 lbs post op.  I've been on a 3 week stall. 

What am I doing wrong?

Pooch2
on 2/23/12 3:35 pm
I stalled for 3 weeks too, really kicked the joy out of me, your not doing too bad...give it a few more weeks.  I increased my protien a bit, the stall ended b ut it might have been coincidental.   I log my food and I know I am averaging about 600 calories, under 30 carbs, under 25 gr of fat, 70-100 grs of protein and over  64 min and 100 maximum, ounces of water.    You probably  just need some more time to average out your stall time.    Learned my lesson with the scale, once a week only.....

So; Food loging, exersise, working your plan....repeat daily...  We have a lifetime from here to get to goal and keep our weight off... patients...it will work out...
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
doggz109
on 2/23/12 4:07 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
It's hard to tell......you haven't given us any information.

Give us your typical daily menu......are you doing any exercise (walking)...etc.  What is your starting weight?

We need more to go on to answer your question.
Lace H.
on 2/23/12 4:14 pm - Kapolei, HI
VSG on 01/11/12
B: protein shake
S: light yogurt or fruit
L: salad w light ranch dressing and beans
S: popcorn or almonds
D: asparagus and shrimp

This seems abouts right. Yesterday I ate a thin veggie pizza slice and salad for lunch. I drink a protein shake before bed to finish off my intake and vitamins for the day. I get about 65 to 75oz of water and10pz of fat free milk daily.

I'm not gonna lie. I had a small bag of doritos the other day. That was the bomb. I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner one night.

I don't walk as much as I should. Maybe 20 mins daily. Surgeon has not given me the green light yet for heavy exercising. I see him again on march 2nd.

Ladydivigirl
on 2/25/12 12:48 pm
Looking at your menu...I can see why ur not losing...U need more protein!!!! I also think that you don't do enough exercise. That's just my two cents... You gotta work your tool so it  can work for you. Now is a great time to lose a lot of weight. Stick to your surgeon's plan. No Doritos!!!! Think Protein, protein, protein!!!!
Good luck.

"The will of God will not take me where the GRACE of God cannot protect me!"    
Pooch2
on 2/23/12 4:20 pm
Doesn't sound like your logging your food, or that you know how many calories, carbs or protein amounts your  getting, I would  log them, then you will know whats going on and how or if you need to make adjustments....(Popcorn, not going in my sleeve till maintenance)
Lace H.
on 2/23/12 4:27 pm - Kapolei, HI
VSG on 01/11/12
I tried logging my food in a food journal, but that didn't help me cause I was still confused about how much of each thing I took in. Its easy to measure liquid or almonds, but not so easy with mixed meals like asparagus and shrimp.

Pooch2
on 2/23/12 4:32 pm
Digital food scale, Costco $18 .... I bought one from target, a Taylor, $38...  between the scale and a measuring cup you can weigh and measure...
Lace H.
on 2/23/12 4:35 pm - Kapolei, HI
VSG on 01/11/12
I guess my real problem is that I travel a lot and buy my food usually. Harder to. Measure when u buy and not cook.
I will invest in a scale and try. My best to cook at home more.

Pooch2
on 2/23/12 4:52 pm
I still think your doing pretty good.  Are you following your surgeons post operative eating plan...completely.  I am not cleared for salads until 3 months and popcorn is banned from his list...  So, its good your asking the question but if you follow their plan, you will have less uncertainty.... if not, break out the manual and follow it.   I don't know what you mean by "  buy my food usually" but Sparkspeople and Myfitnesspal can give you many  restaurant foods and you can log from a smartphone and if you don't have a scale with you, do your best to estimate but still log your food.  You cant know if you need to make adjustments if you don't log.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 28 views