Dry Eyes

maxie1
on 3/28/12 1:11 pm - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

Hi,

did anyone notice dry eyes after there surgery  i am 9 months out and went for my eye exam in Jan at 7months out and since then i keep going back every few weeks.. cant get new glasses yet do to my vision.. first thought it was sinus affecting it now eye dr is going with dry eyes... just curious if anyone else has had a problem... thanks.

susan                                                                                                
Could_It_Be
on 3/28/12 1:12 pm
 I've always had dry eyes but since surgery if I don't get a MINIMUM of 64oz of water my eyeballs literally SQUEAK!!

VSG on 6/22/11
maxie1
on 3/28/12 1:19 pm - PA
RNY on 06/10/13
thanks i will try drinking more water.. also told me to drink decaf iced tea instead of the regular diet iced tea.   thanks.
susan                                                                                                
Could_It_Be
on 3/28/12 1:20 pm
 Hope you get it figured out. I use lots of lubricating eye drops that seem to help!

Good luck!

VSG on 6/22/11
weighless
on 3/29/12 1:40 am - OH
VSG on 01/11/12
What brand is decaf iced tea?  I haven't found that yet.
Janie
  54 yr. female 5'7" / HW 283 / Consult W 253 / SW 240.5 / CW 167  
Month 1:  Lost 20 pounds
Month 2:  Lost 11 pounds
Month 3  Lost 18 pounds
maxie1
on 3/29/12 10:35 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

Hi,

i am up here in pa. and i buy my diet decaf tea it is turkey hill brand.. they sell it at our shur fine markets, gerritys market and the turkey hills convenient stores.. hope you have some where you are...

susan

susan                                                                                                
maxie1
on 3/28/12 1:21 pm - PA
RNY on 06/10/13
how are you doing so well on your weight loss.. i am having a rough time i seem to be at a stall forever and forever... the lbs are just not coming off... i go down and then when i start to eat again i go right back up.. stuck  at 220
susan                                                                                                
Could_It_Be
on 3/28/12 1:25 pm
I was stuck for a long time and really started looking at carbs. I try and keep it under 40g a day. I found myfitnesspal is a great site for tracking everything I put in my mouth.

I do karate 3x a week for 1.5 hours and ballet once a week for 1.5 hours. I'm about to add in water aerobics on the off days. I really want to build some muscle. I'm pretty scrawny now!

It's funny you say I'm doing well, cause I think I SUCK right now. I have been struggling the last 2 months to get to -100 and now I just want to get to GOAL ALREADY!

Anyway, for me it's the tracking and exercise that are helping!

You can totally do this!

VSG on 6/22/11
maxie1
on 3/28/12 1:30 pm - PA
RNY on 06/10/13
thank you for your input  i have to get back on track  i just seem not to go anywhere i work night shift from 530 pm to 330 am and it totally sucks.. work all night sleep all day after getting the kids to school.. no time for exercise unless i walk at work... thanks for listening.. take care.
susan                                                                                                
Could_It_Be
on 3/28/12 1:34 pm
 Yeah, I can be totally selfish because I don't have kids and my husband is easy and will do/eat anything. I think it must be such a challenge to have to take care of others while still taking care of yourself!

Working nights is hard on you too!

Just do the things you know you need to and try and focus on non-scale victories! 

Hang in there! 

VSG on 6/22/11
Most Active