Do you feel cold after surgery? Also, still trying to keep positive, but it's tough!

Cyn9
on 4/2/12 10:35 am - CA
VSG on 02/21/12
 i was never cold before my surgery 5 im cold  weeks ago, but cold all the time now,  ive had an electric blankes for 4 years and i ahve used it more in the last 5 weeks  since i owned it.

excerise warms me up,  then i cool down,  i take hot shower  to warm up,  hot tea warms me up,  and the electric blanket.

my sleep was disturbed since the day i had surgery, i couldnt sleep for more than 3 hrs when i got home,  but it gets better, i have slept throught he night since my 1 month check up.

as for weight loss everyones different,  i lost 30# first month then 4# next week now going to my 6th week nothing.    i hear its normal.   the more fat u have the faster it comes off  my dr said,  I ahve 40# to go according to my DR.

stay positive and dont stress, stress hinders weight loss
Twizzled D.
on 4/2/12 11:31 am
 Yes, very cold now. My friends who are perpetually cold..you know, the naturally-skinny chicks who keep gloves around til May.. they're even teasing me about my complaints of being cold. On the other hand, when temp**** 80 here 2 weeks ago, it was SO nice not being sweaty and uncomfortable.

As for sleep, yes on that too. My sleep pattern was all messed up for about a month after surgery... maybe a little longer. The first 2 weeks it was because I had *no* schedule... slept when I was tired, walked and drank liquids the rest of the time... plus it was around the holidays. When I went back to work, it was the same - I'd fall asleep when I got home because I was exhausted, then have trouble sleeping through the night. Around a month out, my surgeon cleared me to go back to the gym and that REALLY helped! It helped with the routine, forced me to not sleep after work, and got me back on a sleep schedule. I was still fatigued for about another month...and now, even 3 months out, I get days where I just hit a wall. Those days seem to come when I'm getting sick or if I've been slacking with my AM water bottle, though. 

Your body's learning to adapt to life with most of an organ gone. I was honestly so off-schedule my first few weeks that I don't remember the scale moving very much... when I got to mushies, that's when it started falling off, I think. Are you taking measurements? Have they changed? 

Good luck to you!
-Kristi

Brenda777
on 4/2/12 12:45 pm
VSG on 03/19/12
This board is amazing!  Thank you for all of your support.  Your comments are so appreciated.  

HW: 318.6  Pre-surgery Weight: 268.6  CW: 149 Sleeve Date:  March 19, 2012
- 169.6  pounds!  Doctor established medical goal weight = 165. I lost 50 pounds before getting sleeved.  Current BMI = 27  Original starting BMI = `58.3  Tummy Tuck: 01-04-13

Georgi
on 4/2/12 2:17 pm - CA
Don't worry about not loosing the pounds, the same thing happen to me. I had lost 50 lbs. before the surgery , after the surgery I didn't start to loose until after 3 weeks, my surgeon told me that my body was still in shock, the body goes into " starving mode", I also was having a hard time getting all the protein and water in.

You will be fine, just give it some time for your body to heal more. Take care and best of luck !!
Most Active