Sugar - non sugar
paflyersgal · 15 replies · 447 views
Post Op Pain
cornbella · 15 replies · 208 views
To coffee or not?
Aleyna1228 · 15 replies · 331 views
Starting over at 34!!
Starlene02 · 14 replies · 212 views

Disappointed, disheartened and darned mad!!!!!!

tracy L.
on 4/9/12 7:44 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Well, appointments today with dietician and fitness were a bust, of sorts. Thought insurance submission would be getting underway this week but no such luck BCBS/NEPA has decided that their hard working, money paying insured folks who need wls, have to wait six months, medically supervised diet before you can be considered. There is apparently going to be a board meeting in early May, to review their policies on wls. One can only pray that they will catch up with the rest of the modern world. I am sooooo completely disappointed and sad, BUT, I will NOT NOT NOT give up this pursuit, which I am sure the insurance company wants!!!! Grrrrrr:-0
(deactivated member)
on 4/9/12 7:46 am - TX
 My BCBS didn't cover it at all.  I'm having to pay for the whole thing.  Be glad you have WSL coverage, even if it will take a little longer!
tracy L.
on 4/9/12 7:58 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Hi red! I am very sorry to hear that your BCBS doesn't cover wls. I would not have the money to do it any other way, even though my husband and I have very good careers. With that said, we have been paying for our policies for sooooo long, without them having to pay for very many things, including our children!! It makes me very upset that I meet the national health institutes guidelines but a money hungry agency is going to dictate when and if I can have the surgery. I thought they worked for us, not the other way around. They have no concern for our health, it is all financial. Good luck with your journey. I hope you are able to get it done!!!
on 4/9/12 7:48 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
Hang in there!  Sorry it's been delayed but for me those 6 months FLEW by!  After the tests and the consults to prepare me for what to expect - it literally seemed to go by in a blink of an eye. 
You're not alone!

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

tracy L.
on 4/9/12 7:53 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Thanks Jaybee I have three of the six done so what's three more?? I can wait, right? All my testing is done and now its just wait and wait some more! I really hope that when BCBS has their board meeting, maybe it will change and so it won't be quite as long. I was told today, most insurance companies are dropping the six month diet. I have never been very patient so what a lesson this is!!!!
on 4/9/12 8:02 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
Dang, Tracy!!  I am so sorry!!  I know that if I was told that, I would be wanting to punch someone.  My boyfriend always offers to let me punch him when I am upset, so maybe you can punch him, also.  ha ha

Seriously.  May is only a month away, hopefully, they will take down the 6 month hoping-you-decide-no period.......uhhh, I mean supervised diet period.  (((HUGS)))

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

tracy L.
on 4/9/12 8:12 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Hahahahaha!! Melly, you are too funny!! Punching something might be a good idea) I sooooo am holding onto hope that in May BCBS will make some positive changes!! If not, only two more appointments after May!!! How are you feeling?!?!?! Plumbing on the mend??
on 4/9/12 9:01 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
LOL yes, plumbing is working a bit better now.  *Whew*

Still holding out hope for you!

tracy L.
on 4/9/12 9:05 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Yay!! Glad to hear you're doing better! You could always announce it as an nsv)
on 4/9/12 10:16 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
ha ha ha ha

Hmmmmm, naw, I think not.