Disappointed, disheartened and darned mad!!!!!!

tracy L.
on 4/10/12 10:12 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Oh my gracious Misty!!!!! First, you ROCK, sticking it out!!! Good for you!!!! Good luck with your last appointment and beyond)

incnm1
on 4/9/12 6:23 pm - Waterville, ME
I had to wait the six months, and then my insurance denied my 2 times before finally approving me, I got discouraged, mad, all of the emotions, but like you I would not give up, and so I had my surgery on the 13th of March, and feel great, it is worth the wait..
Ashley W.
on 4/9/12 10:26 pm
 My insurance company UHC also required a 6 month waiting period. After it was said and done, I was grateful for the wait. It just confirmed for me that I was making the right decision and gave me plenty of time to make sure this was the right decision for me. I think Ins companies do this to weed out the people that are not dedicated to the appointments, surgery, and lifestyle commitment. Good luck to you, it will be here before you know it!

HW 230  SW 219 CW 210 GW 140-150    
tracy L.
on 4/10/12 10:17 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Thank you Ashley!! I will try and be more patient and keep doing what is needed Weight didn't gain in a day so time for me to suck it up and accept the process that this is!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/12 11:06 pm
Tracy,
sorry to hear you are having to wait longer.  I too have BCBS/trs active care and their policy changed in the middle of my original 3 month requirement.  Luckily, I wrote an appeal letter after being denied stating that the policy changed during my appts. I was approved in less than 2 weeks. 

my advice is to find the policy from the original consult date with WLS then see if you have grounds for early submission. GOOD LUCK.

Best surgery I could have ever had.

tracy L.
on 4/10/12 10:15 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Hey Chelle! Thank you so much for your encouragement!!! The policy apparently changed in December and I started the process after this At least I am half way!! Congratulations on your success

Most Active