Meeting with Surgeon tomorrow, don't want to miss any important ??

skinniwithin
on 4/11/12 9:20 am
 I have a list of questions to ask but would appreciate any ideas on don't-miss-asking-this-question?

So far I have:

1.  What are possible complications? How often have your patients experienced them?  How do you resolve them?
2. What post operative errors in treatment can occur if I have to go to the ER after surgery if they don't know I've had VSG? 
3. What happens if they need to insert a stomach tube and don't know I've had VSG?
4. Should I wear a medic alert bracelet and if so, for how long?
5. What classes do you offer pre- and post op? Diet/Nutrition/Medical/Support groups?
6. Do I need to do spirometry breathing excercises?
7. What excercise do I need to do?
8. What is the pre-surgery diet?  How does it differ from the Dr. supervised diet my insurance requires?  If I lose a lot of weight on the supervised diet will the surgery be covered?  How much is too much resulting in denied surgery?
9.  I can't eat any artificial sweeteners. I also prefer not to eat other chemicals like marg etc, would rather have less of a healthy sub like real butter or oil.   How will this impact my weight loss?
10.  Tell me about hunger.  Will it come back?

Jackie00
on 4/11/12 10:21 am
Here is an interesting list

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4427422/What-are-the-Top-5-questions-to-ask-your-surgeon/
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

skinniwithin
on 4/11/12 11:29 am
 Thank you.  That's a great list.
Most Active