Noisy stomachs

skinniwithin
on 4/25/12 10:57 pm
 I was with a new friend last night whom I am hoping to get to know much better.  I do know she has recently had WLS but we were in company and did not want to bring it up so I don't know what kind she had.

I did notice though, that she had a lot of what I would call tummy noise.  You know the rumbles and gurgles.

Is this a common post op occurrence and if so, does it ever go away?  She is probably 2-3 months out, maybe more.
debk21
on 4/25/12 11:15 pm - Mansfield, TX
I'm 1.5 years out and I think it was a little noisier when I was still healing (first 6 months) but I don't think my tummy is any noisier than DH or anybody elses now.  They just do that when they are hungry or digesting...Nothing to worry about.

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

howarli
on 4/25/12 11:17 pm - MD
I'm just about 7 month out and my husband often says "honey can you turn your stomach down please"

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/12 11:21 pm - United Kingdom
Hi Skinniwithin; I too suffer with a noisy stomach making gurgling nosies after I have eaten and it is very loud and embarrasing too!  I am 12-weeks post op following sleeve gastrectomy and have spoken to my surgeon about it.  His advice was to eat slower and smaller portions (if I could possily eat any smaller! :) ) and assured me that the noises should settle by 6-months post-op.

I have spoken to all y work colleagues and family members about it - thought is was better to discuss with them rather than wait for them to mention my funny noises and they had all heard it but not commented and now that it is out in the open I am not as embarrased about it and fingers crossed it will stop very soon! :) 
Lisak52
on 4/25/12 11:35 pm - NY
VSG on 02/20/12
I am 2 months out and HOLY CRAP, Some days my stomach can be heard in the other room. My kids laugh at me when it is going. It is worse with some foods.
Began my journey September 2011. Weight 226 lbs
Pre Op 2/20/12  Weight 216 -VSG 2/20/12

jacreasy
on 4/26/12 12:08 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 its been two days sleeved for me and you could here me 2 blocks away, I sure hope it goes away at some point lol

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

felinemommy
on 4/26/12 12:08 am - NH
My tummy was VERY loud at the beginning.  It was always surprising that such a little thing could make itself known in such a bold way!!!

At over 2.5 years out, it's simmered down........a bit!  Occasionally my hubby will say, "was that your stomach?"  Yep that was my tumtum!  Murphy's law, it usually happens in a very quiet, very public setting!!! I just !

LilySlim - (TZ0U)

Maintain daily activity levels and practice clean eating........still battling some unhealthy behaviors!

Mom4Jazz
on 4/26/12 12:10 am

I nicknamed my tummy Rumbly the first weeks post-op for obvious reasons.

It does improve noticeably after the first few months, but doesn't go away. Every so often Rumbly will still feel the need to make a public pronouncement. I just chuckle and move on.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

INgirl
on 4/26/12 12:19 am
At a year out, mine still talks.. I get the gurgles, squeaks and rumblings similar to my father that has had much of his guts removed! Go figure? It's not constant, but it happens daily.. I have started taking some probiotics to see if it improves it.. plus they are just good for your gut anyway.
Most Active