Lack of padding makes things hurt!

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/29/12 12:30 am
Having lost all this weight, I no longer have all that fat insulating and padding things for me.  

I'm cold a lot and have had to add a blanket to my side of the bed in order to stay warm.

I sleep on my side and my knee bones rub together, making them hurt.  Staggering them isn't as comfortable a position but it's all I can do.

When I sit back against wood chairs, such as kitchen chairs, the back of my ribs hurt.

Several yoga poses put pressure on my unpadded bones.  

This may sound like complaining... but I'll take these issues over all my previous obesity-related issues any day!  I'm more sharing so that others know this may be an issue down the road for them... everyone hates surprises.  

What new aches or pains do you have after losing a bunch of weight?

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Marie M.
on 4/29/12 12:36 am - PA
OMG, I am experiencing the same things!!  I am ALWAYS cold (when I was fat I was ALWAYS hot).  My knee bones rub together too and I have to put a pillow between them so I can sleep.
Such wonderful "problems" to deal with, huh?  LOL

Marie    

Age: 50    Ht: 5' 3.5"    SW: 261   BMI: 45.5    CW: 119.4   BMI: 20.8   Goal in 9.5 months   (23.6  lbs below goal)   Total lost:  141.6 lbs   Inches lost:  84.25"
  Month one: 22.2 lbs;  Month 2:  17.4 lbs;   Month 3: 11 lbs;  Month 4: 13 lbs;  Month 5: 11.4 lbs;  Month 6: 9.2 lbs;   Month 7: 13.2 lbs;  Month 8: 9 lbs;  Month 9: 10.2 lbs;   Month 10:  3.6 lbs:   Month 11:   7.6 lbs   Month 12:  5.8 lbs                                    

slimpickins5280
on 4/29/12 12:46 am - CO
HAHA!

Was cuddling with my awesomesauce hubby last night and I couldn't get comfortable because my knees kept knocking together.

Good problem to have.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

AMoody
on 4/29/12 12:46 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
my but bones hurt if I sit on a hard chair and my hip bones hurt from laying in bed...but the plus side of bones is I can feel my clavical bone and the way my hip bones work when Im walking..who knew you could actually feel them work when walking?? Learn something new every day

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

pinkpeonies
on 4/29/12 2:53 am, edited 4/29/12 2:53 am
VSG on 04/23/12
I've only just begun and am already dealing with a sore butt if I sit in the living room too long (20+ year old furniture with wood underneath cushions to keep you from sinking all the way in ) and sore hips from sleeping on my side. And it's likely to get worse? Yikes! On, AND I'm always cold. Definitely one of the most marked changes so far. (I'll take being thinner any day.)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

5/27/14 - Extended abdominoplasty with hernia and diastasis recti repair

12/20/14 - Breast reduction/mastopexy with bra line back lift

rhearob
on 4/29/12 1:36 am - TN
 OOOH Yeah.  I know what you mean.  I will tell you something else I have found.  When I roll over in in my sleep, sometimes the extra skin doesn't move out of the way and it feels like I am laying on a pipe.  

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

kimberleyann
on 4/29/12 1:50 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
I too have the same issues, cold intolerence, knee bone****ting each other, hips hurting in bed.  I also seem to have an issue with personal space, I keep running into things like I don't know how much space I need to manouever around objects.  I am hoping that at goal these things will sort themselve out.  But then again it is all better than being at my heaviest again.

NUJoyce
on 4/29/12 2:11 am - Hayward, CA
My feet hurt so much.   I had nerve damage so I wasn't feeling the pain but now that the diabetes is being resolved and there is less padding (lost a shoe size) my feet hurt.   IT will get better but I never knew my feet were there before because I could never see them but now I know.   LOL.

Mike B.
on 4/29/12 2:15 am
Ms. Poker Face,
I think most of us would rather have these new aches and pains over the old ones any day. I seem to be cold all the time as well. When I sit on a hard surface my tail bone starts to hurt. Never had the issue before. However, who has time to sit when we have all this new found energy. Just like with anything new, we have to adjust and get use to our new bodies.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

imkristy1
on 4/29/12 2:21 am - WI
VSG on 02/13/12
The other day I went to my son's track meet.. and there were steel bleachers. Oh boy... not only could I feel my butt bones, but my butt got soooo cold, sooo fast! I couldnt believe the difference!

Kristy  5'5"  HW-224   SW-207    GW-140   Goal reached in 40 weeks!  PRE-OP - 17    MTH 1 - 15   MTH 2 - 13    MTH 3 - 12   MTH 4 8    MTH 5 -  5    MTH 6 - 4   MTH 7 - MTH 8 -MTH 9 - 0  MTH 10 - 0

Most Active