When will my knees stop hurting

judyk62
on 5/1/12 1:18 pm - Santa Rosa, CA
 I am 5 months out and prior to surgery had one very arthritic left knee. I had two series of fluid injections over a couple of years and it was doing very well as I began increasing exercise in about month 2. Then I felt the right knee get really sore while on the treadmill and eventually could barely walk. Long story short, it too is severely arthritic. The dr. was able to do arthroscopic surgery on the right knee which I had done 3 weeks ago. He cleaned it up a lot, but told me afterwards that it was just a stopgap measure. And guess what? After favoring the right knee, the left one is now barking at me. So I guess like you I thought that by losing the weight it would improve the knees and at least for me, it was too little too late. But I don't want this to sound like a total downer. I think that by losing 69 pounds and going when I have to have the knee replacements, both the surgery and the recoveries will be much easier on my body. We have to live with what we have done to our bodies, but we are doing the right thing now!

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

camsmom7
on 5/1/12 8:56 pm - IN
I know what you mean my "bad" knee is the right but now my left knee is beginning to bother me as well. I understand now when they say "Getting older is not for sissy's"! Thanks for your response!

StrawWalker
on 5/1/12 2:42 pm
When you completely cut out wheat products, but don't take my word for it...try it.
Take care
StrawWalker

Start 290, Current 180, Goal 150
camsmom7
on 5/1/12 8:59 pm - IN
I have never heard that but at this point I'm willing to try anything. I'm assuming you mean anything with wheat in it? Thanks for your response!

StrawWalker
on 5/2/12 12:19 am
You are correct and you are welcome.
Take care
StrawWalker

Start 290, Current 180, Goal 150
MareTallama
on 5/1/12 2:43 pm - NY
VSG on 01/03/12
I think it depends on the type of arthritis. I have inflammation due to auto immune (Sjogren's syndrome) and my knees still hurt. But considering I've been off most of my medications since my sleeve, it's much better than before the weigh loss. I would say I felt a difference after I lost about 30lbs. I thought I would have total relief at this point, with no meds, but I guess that was a pipe dream. But considering the joint pain I was in before WLS, that even my meds didn't relieve, I'm so much better off now.
HW & SW: 251 CW: 166 GW: 145  Month 1: -24lbs  Month 2: -11lbs  Month 3: -13lbs Month 4: -10.8 lbs.
Month 5: - 11.2 lbs  Month 6: -9 lbs  Month 7: -6 lbs

camsmom7
on 5/1/12 9:00 pm - IN
Thank you for your response, glad your doing much better. Gotta love the sleeve!!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views