Something tasty- yogurt & protein pops

INgirl
on 5/5/12 4:34 am
So, riffing off a post made last night I raided the fridge and whipped these up.. Having one now- very tasty, high protein treat, nice change from a shake!

Carbmaster Banana Cream Pie yogurt
Scoop BSN Lean Dessert Banana Cream Pie (has higher carbs & fat than most prot shakes. just FYI)

I added the powder to the yogurt in a bowl, and whipped it with my hand beaters till it was thicker than cake batter, then spooned it into 3 rocket-pop molds.. Ea one: 70cals/4g carb/10prot... My favorite "Fudgecicle" flavor was always the banana that came in the choc/banana/strawberry asst packs.. this is a good healthy alternative.. 

Next is going to be Syntrax Matrix Chocolate mint in with vanilla low-carb yogurt and a couple drops of peppermint extract. I like the combo of powder and yogurt, plus fluffing it really well with the beaters- no icy pops- just smooth and tasty!
Jaybee766
on 5/5/12 4:54 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
Question - what's BSN???
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

INgirl
on 5/5/12 4:58 am
BSN is the brand of protein powder:

BSN_Lean_Dessert.gif
JRthinner
on 5/5/12 7:20 am
Where do you buy this product or do you have to order it online?
INgirl
on 5/6/12 3:37 am
I bought a bunch of samples of various protein powders from Nashua Nutrition online recently to sample as I was looking for some variety and higher carb/fat protein blends to change up with my daily no carb whey isolate only stuff. I am approaching maintenance, so I was looking specifically at the BSN (Lean Desserts have lower carbs/Syntha-6 have higher carbs and fat.) I happen to kinda like my protein shake bfast, so I plan on keeping up the shake a day thing..

I do get most of my full size products from Netrition including vites and lower carb foods/protein snacks as they are cheaper, ship reasonable, and throw in a shaker cup if you hit a certain $$ spent. Just a word of advice- look up nutrition stats on any samples you order, not all protein powders have low carbs/lower fats- make sure what you order is something you can use at the stage you are at..
Debbie R.
on 5/5/12 5:00 am - Cedar Hill, TX
VSG on 02/27/12

Oh thanks for sharing this info they sound wonderfullQ
Just wondering though where did you find your molds for the cicless????

INgirl
on 5/5/12 5:03 am
I found them at Bed Bath & Beyond, but I bet Target, Walmart and such would have popcicle molds?
Debbie R.
on 5/5/12 1:50 pm - Cedar Hill, TX
VSG on 02/27/12
On May 5, 2012 at 12:03 PM Pacific Time, INgirl wrote:
I found them at Bed Bath & Beyond, but I bet Target, Walmart and such would have popcicle molds?

Thanks again for the great idea my faily is driving me nuts with SF fudgesicles! They still have 10 carbs a pop!!
Now I can have my own cause I still have some chocolate protein powder to use up!!!

Madelaine2000
on 5/5/12 6:19 am
A really great idea!!!

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

Wildcat-NYC
on 5/5/12 1:43 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 This recipe totally reminds me of the frozen yogurt pies my mom made in the 80s...did anyone have those.  I loved them and this seems like it will be nice change of pace for me post-op when I don't want another shake.  Thanks for posting!

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views