Honeymoon is over....

mamatothree
on 5/28/12 8:40 am - Charleston, SC
My honeymoon is over and reality is setting in. Time to get serious about blogging, logging, and getting back to my goals. No more snacking, sneaking, or cheating. Time to stick to it. Www.gen-xmama.blogspot.com--check it out. Maybe then I will be more motivated to really take it all seriously. I can't go back to where I was. I have moved so far forward....I need to keep moving in this direction.Those of you who have been at this for years, I would love to hear your suggestions for what you do to keep it off. Please share.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

acbbrown
on 5/28/12 8:46 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Ive "been at this" for close to two years now - really, what keeps me going is setting and accomplishing goals. It has to be unrelated to the scale and just weight loss - and has to be something that means something to me.  And friends and support system - Id be in trouble if I started going backwards!! 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

mamatothree
on 5/28/12 11:05 am - Charleston, SC
215 lbs!!!! You are amazing! I want just a tiny bit of your inspiration to rub off on me!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

acbbrown
on 5/28/12 11:37 am - Granada Hills, CA
 You will get it - i'm rubbing it every where. Do yourself a favor and start a list of goals and write out the steps you need to take to get there - something you can work on consistently and that you will find rewarding. I've noticed when I challenge some people to do this - I get a blank stare and they tell me they cant think of anything, and I usually can tell that's where the trouble lies. If you dont have anything bigger or more important in your life than food and a scale - it's really hard to want to make good choices. 

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/12 12:22 pm
So well said Alison, wow, you really have this head part figured out - or at least you can play that part really good in a courtroom! :)  Seriously, that is solid....

Thanks for sharing sweetie!
acbbrown
on 5/28/12 1:05 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I have some head things figured out, but I still have a jumbled mess on top of my shoulders. I wake up every day knowing that I'm a work in progress - and....I keep working aat it.

~~~~Alison~~~~~

MyOwnSunshine
on 5/28/12 12:35 pm
I agree with Alison.  I don't accomplish any huge things with working out, but every time I go, I push a little harder, run a little faster or farther, lift a little heavier a few more times. 

I also think it's about more than that, though.  For me, it's about paying attention to my actions every day.  I pay attention to how, what and why I eat, and how it makes me feel afterwards.  I have figured out my feelings and how to be honest with myself and cope with the good and bad.  I have created new habits.  I think about going to the gym on my days off and don't make excuses about why I can't.  I figure out how to work in a yoga class even if I'm pressed for time.  I take the stairs.  Logging my food is absolutely automatic -- even when I eat terribly and don't want to admit to myself or others that I had a bad eating day. 

You have to make new habits that carry you through, just like eating used to carry you through.  Logging your eating, working out, and changing your thought patterns are what carry you when the honeymoon is over and you get back to real life. 
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Most Active