Bariatric Surgery and Divorce - my reality

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/12 12:07 am
Kevin.

Not to highjack another post but i just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you for being a single Father.  Not many men would fight for full custody of their kids, compared to women, that is. I think you are a great guy and I hope you find a great woman in your life, you definitely deserve it!  Have a great Father's Day weekend my Friend! 
Kevin H.
on 6/15/12 12:11 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Thanks!  My oldest moved out and made me a grandfather but I still have my 16 yr old at home with me :)  Dreading the day she goes away to college.  Thanks for the kind words.

doggz109
on 6/15/12 12:23 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
I agree....that is pretty damn awesome. 

momsy55
on 6/14/12 10:41 pm - ME
As others have said, there's nothing to judge.  Also, how wonderful both you and your wife are on the same page - makes it so much easier for both of you and you still have each others' support as friends.  I'd say it's a win-win situation!,

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

favrow812
on 6/14/12 10:49 pm - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
((hugs))

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

NUJoyce
on 6/14/12 11:37 pm - Hayward, CA
Not judgement here just a big hug.   My husband left at my 4 month mark.   At first I was a mess but over the last 4 months I have found my groove and am moving on.  We have a daughter but both still live in the same town and I see him several times a week and talk to him everyday.   He has been making moves like he wants to come back but I am really happy with my life and the way it is.   It wasn't a bad marriage but the WLS helped me regain control in my life and I don't think he liked it.  

I am happy we are still friends and I am happy to hear that you are moving on and still friends also.

MyOwnSunshine
on 6/14/12 11:53 pm
No judging here.  In my case, the divorce came before the WLS, but the story is very much the same.

I totally agree with you that sometimes food and compulsive eating is the only thing that holds a relationship together.  That was the case with my relationship with my ex.  The only thing we really enjoyed doing together was cooking and eating horribly unhealthy foods. 

I respect your attitude about your divorce.  My ex and I have remained good friends.  He lives across the street from me and we are awesome co-parents. 

I have spent the last year examining my part in the failure of my marriage -- I have learned a lot and if I choose to enter another relationship, my eyes will be wide open and I will be in a much healthier place to form a strong, happy partnership with someone.  For now, I am enjoying finding out who I am as a thin, healthy me outside of a dysfunctional relationship.

No judging here, either. 
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Chubbychic77
on 6/15/12 12:01 am - NJ
VSG on 05/30/12 with
 No judgement here. Wishing you both the best! You guys are both grounded, in reality, and brave. 

moonglo82
on 6/15/12 12:09 am
VSG on 03/29/12
I see no reason to judge you either. I just wanted to chime in and say that I wish you the best in starting over in your new town.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/12 1:08 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12
Hey, no judgement from me. Divorce is one of those things that happen when people change or grow apart. It's sad but it's true. I was divorced once when I was thin and young and it had nothing to do with weight. We simply grew apart and didn't have mu*****ommon. I chalked it up to the old "It's better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all". I firmly believe in that. I enjoyed the good times and cherished them but then things fell apart and that was that. I met my current husband about a year after that and that was ten years ago. Thankfully, we never bonded over food. We are more of the "bonding over movies" type. I am very lucky with him. Divorce happens and I know that love can happen again. I wish you and your ex the best of luck and love. Good luck!
Most Active