Bariatric Surgery and Divorce - my reality

melly37
on 6/15/12 1:35 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
I totally understand.  My marriage also dissolved after I lost a significant amount of weight with my LapBand.  WE do put up with quite a bit when we don't feel we are worth better.  I wish the best of luck to you.  I did end up finding the love of my life a few years later, and I wish the same for you!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

barbarina
on 6/15/12 2:32 am - CT
Honey, you are a good man and can tell by your words and devotion for your ex-wife.  I am not here to judge cause lord knows I understand what you are going thru and me being a divorcee too.  Look, you have a new life and can have a new start over but first thing you need to do is forgive and love you.  God bless and don't be too hard on yourself because it's just two adults now really finding themselves and thank goodness there are no kids involved, as it was in my case which really made it difficult.  Cheers my brother.

HW: 307; SW: 286; CW: 236; GW: 160 (and any extras... I'll take it. LOL)

Dawnie 88
on 6/15/12 2:53 am
I am also getting divorced.  Never thought having WLS would affect my marriage, but it has.  I see new postops say they will never let this happen to them, and i felt the same way..but life really does change for many people.  I was tired of many things in my marriage and finally got up the nerve to ask for a divorce (after first cheating on him though)..and for those reading this wanting to judge me..go right ahead.  You can judge..but you don't know the whole story, and i really don't feel like putting it all out there.  I was wrong in cheating, but told my husband immediately afterwards and asked for divorce.

We are the best of friends also, and he takes 50% blame in the problems that led up to the cheating.  We can talk about anything, are in agreement with everything..and know we just haven't been in love for years.  Our divorce will be final in August, and we are both moving on and very happy and great parents.

Good luck to you in your new life as well

Wildcat-NYC
on 6/15/12 4:29 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 Good luck!  You deserve to happy!

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
hrford
on 6/15/12 6:05 am
VSG on 03/19/12
I'm glad that having the surgery allows both of you to be who you are, even if that means you aren't together anymore.  It sounds like it's best for both of you and while it may hurt a bit, I'm sure you will both find someone who loves the "new" you.

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

smbergie200
on 6/15/12 10:39 am - Naples, FL
Thanks guys for the kind words. Group Hug

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

beckyinkc
on 6/15/12 11:26 am
VSG on 07/25/12
I tried to draft a response in several diferent ways, and each one sounded stupid.  The gist?  I was trying to say something along the lines of being smart to end things while you could still have a great, meaningful friendship, rather than ending up resentful of each other.  I wish you both much happiness.  :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views