VSG doesn't fix you

June W.
on 7/4/12 11:14 am, edited 7/3/12 11:14 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
I was doing great for about six weeks, then I hit a stall. I also found I could eat some things that were not good choices for me. So I ate. And ate. Luckily, I didn't gain a ton, but I also didn't lose either.

Now I'm filled with head hunger and fearing that I am falling back into bad patterns. I thought having surgery would change me, even though I knew it wouldn't. I wanted it to.

So I'm here now. ready to re-commit to my future, my life, my plan. I don't want to waste another day of my life living as the person I was before surgery. I want to be a new me.

I know that I was doing best when I wasn't having sugar, flour, caffeine, soda, basically anything not protein. Now is the time for me to focus on what is going to help me be successful. Water and protein. That is my life.

Janetheo
on 7/4/12 11:59 am
VSG on 01/20/12
 I feel the same, so let's committ to this losing lifestyle and kick the fat right out of our lives.  Keep me posted on how you're doing!  Good luck.
Jane

June W.
on 7/4/12 12:36 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
 Thanks Jane!!

melly37
on 7/4/12 12:37 pm - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
 Hugh, I hear you, June!  We will do this!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

Happy966
on 7/4/12 12:44 pm

June,

I think half the battle is knowing we're not fixed.  I am committed to the concept of Permanent Brokenness.  I'm not wired right around food, and taking most of my stomach out didn't fix it.

Flour and sugar are huge triggers for me.  I am very sensitive to them.  I do so much better avoiding them entirely.  Keep going!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/12 12:49 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/16/12
You are absolutely right, the surgery was not on our head. Our stomachs can still be filled with doritos; if that's what we choose. We need to stay focused on eating protein first and not giving in to poor food or drink choices. I struggle with this daily.
Pinkchickadee
on 7/4/12 2:05 pm
 Is  there  any  change?   Does  having the  surgery give you  hope for a  different  head space?  I  know that it  doesn't fix  everything but I am hoping that  at  some point the  struggle will be  less.

diane S.
on 7/4/12 2:17 pm
Surgery fixes your stomach and makes it more difficult (but not impossible to overeat). Only you can fix you bad habits and food attitudes. Its necessary to decide you are going to do this, make a commitment, and follow through. Its not too late. Start now by following your surgeon's plan or one of the ones availavble on line if you don't have one.

You are right to recognize that sugar and flour need to be avoided. Food journaling is critcal. Start it now and don't look back. All the best. It is so worth it to succeed. Sugar and carbs are nothing compared to the freedom of being slim and in control of your life.  Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Prple
on 7/4/12 2:42 pm - VA
VSG on 07/17/12 with
 Everyone I've spoken with on vsg reminds me this is a tool not a solution... As a tool you have to use it right to be successful!

My mantra as I prepare for my surgery.....  

Joann

Carmelita
on 7/4/12 4:34 pm - Four Corners, NM
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views