Sleeve success stories ????!!!!! need to hear postivies on this surgery...

pinkjellybean
on 8/7/12 11:25 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I was supposed to get the RNY but genetic complications discovered during surgery prevented me from having an RNY and I had signed off for the VSG as a back up option.  I was disappointed and disheartened but turns out it was a blessing in disguise! 

The VSG is working wonders for me!  I am just over 6 months post up and down 153 pounds incuding pre-op liquid diet! 

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

jimbovsg
on 8/8/12 1:14 am
Ummmm......... for over three years I have been attending  several WLS support groups.  The groups  are mostly bypass/RNY and recently (18 months) "sleevers"   Of the two groups (based on my personal observations) The bypass patients are the ones that have the most "issues"   i.e......complications during or post surgery.....malabsorption problems.....vitamin deficiencies......"dumping"  syndrome....food intolerances....and last....but not least...regain...or never getting to goal!     Not that you wont have any issues with the sleeve......but from what I have seen IRL.............your surgeon's office "screw up"....may have been a blessing in disguise!  Good luck! 

p.s. BTW check out my ticker below  .......and my profile for before and afters  I'm almost 3 years out!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Margo N.
on 8/8/12 1:33 am
I love my sleeve, and am happy to be living without the potential complications of malabsorption of nutrients. Check out my blog, www.vsggoodlife.com for my experience! ALso see my pics on my OH profile.
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

Countrygirl77
on 8/8/12 2:47 am
I've lost 65.in 6 mths! Have about 10 lbs til goal. I'd say it works!!
Southern_Comfort
on 8/8/12 11:02 am - LA
I can't tell you which surgery is best for you, but what I can tell you is I ABSOLUTELY love my sleeve.... I'm 23 weeks post-op and down 89lbs.

HW:332 Consult:328 SW: 325.4 CW: 209.0 GW:175(surgeon) 160(mine)    

moonglo82
on 8/8/12 11:34 am
VSG on 03/29/12
My husband was sleeved in December of 2010, and he's down over 200 pounds. Still losing.

I was sleeved four months ago, and I'm down almost 75 pounds. For the first time in my life, I feel like I can make it to my goal weight.

For both of us, the sleeve has been a Godsend!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

happyteacher
on 8/9/12 3:22 pm
 Does getting to goal without the malabsorption, stretchy stomach, vitamin deficiencies, and rerouting of your intestines sound ok to you?  Then sleeve is the way to go.  But, for some the rny is a great choice too- worked magnificently for my brother in law.  It will work if you work the sleeve, and it won't work so well if you don't work the sleeve so well.  That is true of any  wls. 

I am down 124 pounds and will hit goal likely at the 9-10 month mark.  Feel great and would do it again in a heartbeat.  No more diabeties, cholesterol is being stubborn, far more active, and the entire family has benefitted from the healthy food choice lifestyle infused with activity.  :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

melbee
on 8/9/12 5:32 pm
VSG on 10/17/12
so I visited my doc today and I had RNY and VSG as my two choices- I thought that we would end up going for the RNY- but nope he said both are great, but he would recommend the sleeve for me- so VSG, here I come.

Everyone's stories heee are very encouraging!
faith222
on 7/16/13 3:14 pm

I have had my weight loss surgery on feb 4th 2013 i am 5 months out and i have lost 100 pounds i started at 230 now i am 130 i am on the way to my goal weight witch is 110.....

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views