Stair-stepping

June W.
on 8/17/12 8:13 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
 I am officially a stair-stepper when it comes to weight loss. It is a disheartening method of losing weight and I do not recommend it! The up and down and up and down does eventually head more down than up, but the rollercoaster sucks.

But I am grateful that the trend is still downward. I'll take what I can get. I keep day dreaming of being a normal sized person and how I will feel inside my body. It's an exciting thought and it motivates me to keep going! 

SuzanneR
on 8/17/12 8:18 am - Randolph, NJ
Because I am a stair stepper too I only weigh myself once a month...sometimes twice. It makes me too crazy. I know I am in the VAST minority here though to only weigh once a month lol but it works for me. When I reach my goal I will weigh daily of twice a week.

sleevegirl
on 8/17/12 8:30 am - Austin, TX
Here's a secret... most people ARE stair step losers. It's just how the body works and for most folks it's how it works. There's nothing unfortunate about it. I lose in the same way and I've lost 172 pounds overall. That's absolutely nothing to shake your head about in just 14 months. Most people's bodies slow down and start to step down like that after the first few months of crazy weight loss.

It's normal. You're normal. You'll get used to it. I don't freak out anymore when I stop losing because I know it will restart again. If you click on username under my photo and scroll all the way down you'll see my weekly and monthly weigh in numbers. It's a definite pattern

Note: My weight loss has been pretty rapid but I started at 375. Something to keep in mind and do NOT compare yourself to others. Your body is your body and we all have different stuff going on with it. xoxo

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

June W.
on 8/17/12 9:31 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
 Thank you for your response! It is really motivating to see people losing large amounts of weight because I have lost 45 lbs of the 150 lbs that I have to lose. I just think I will have to be patient and I think I should just weigh myself once a week from now on.

It's hard not to compare sometimes, but I am working on just focusing on me and my own journey.

sleevegirl
on 8/17/12 1:21 pm - Austin, TX
It gets easier. Do what you're supposed to do and what works for you. For me, I weigh every morning and every evening. It's like a big science project for me though. LOL. I will admit that a few times I went a little overboard, but nowadays... yeah, just a science project. It's interesting for me to see the patterns. How I'll lose down to a new low and then quickly pick back up 2 pounds, then it will slowly melt off and then stall and then a few more down... etc... it's become oddly fun.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

INgirl
on 8/17/12 8:39 am
Yep, after the first few months - that was my pattern as well, as well for many. I stair-stepped with no issue right to goal and under.. Logging my food (imperative for me regardless) saved me from any stress during the losing stage since I KNEW I was eating on track and those holds/gains/losses were just my body doing what it needed to do.. if I had only been guesstimating my intake, I would have stressed the whole way.. I never switched anything up, rode out the gains and holds.. and it worked. Good luck, but try not to let it get to you!
Shagdoll
on 8/17/12 11:10 am
I'm a stair stepper loser too. It's ok, slowly but surely I am getting there and so will you. Let's keep workin' it!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active