6 Months Out. 55 lbs down.

June W.
on 10/12/12 1:49 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 04/12/12
 I'm a slow loser. It may have something to do with me being imperfect in my execution of my food plan. But I am losing slowing. The sleeve was worth it simply because it forces me to have portion control. I need that restriction. Even if I don't lose another pound I am happy that I had this surgery. I do not plan on giving up. I have 100 lbs to go, but I am feeling content that I made the right decision to get the sleeve.

My only advice to newbies is not to give up and not to compare. Your journey will be different  than other people's and that is okay.

favrow812
on 10/12/12 2:01 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
Your advice is right on target! 

There is nothing wrong with being a slow loser! You've lost about 9 pounds a month which is awesome! Keep up your hard work!!! 

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

lisa2job
on 10/12/12 2:03 am - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
Well said!!!!  Exactly my thoughts I!!!   congrats on your weight loss thus far!!! 

akr9911
on 10/12/12 2:16 am
VSG on 06/20/13
I think you're an awesome loser. We all know it's not a quick fix, even though we all know people who were wicked fast losers. It's hard not to compare. I know I will do it when I am sitting on the losers bench. And then I'll ask you to remind me that 55 pounds in 6 months is rock-star awesome. You're doing great. Keep it up!!

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

Lexie 84
on 10/12/12 4:36 am - Washington, DC
VSG on 03/13/12
insert "Like" button---------> here!

Evymetalmommy
on 10/12/12 5:34 am - LA
VSG on 04/19/12
Congrats!!  You are doing amazing.  I often have to remind myself not to compare my journey to others.  I am losing and I will get to goal.  It just will take time. 
incredibleshrinkingevy.blogspot.com/ My Blog!!

jennergirl
on 10/12/12 1:25 pm - OR
VSG on 05/30/12
Hey June!  Thank you for being a slow loser -- because I think of myself that same way!    I was sleeved on 5/30/12 and am down 56 lbs.  I just want to support what you've said:  do not give up and do not compare!! 

I too have 100 lbs to go and expect that to happen for me & you!  Congratulations on your wonderful success and I hope to hear about more in the future!

Take Care,  Suzanne

Most Active