Frisco- Huevo Taco Salad
frisco · 0 replies · 37 views
NSV
peebles01 · 4 replies · 57 views

HELLPP!! Protein powder with no wheat, soy, corn, dairy or rice

shutterfly
on 11/7/12 7:12 pm - vancouver, Canada

HELPP!!!

I am going to have surgery in 2013, and I have been doing some proactive tests before I go to Mexico.

I had my allergy test today and I'm allergice to wheat, soy, corn, dairy and rice.

I am worried that I won't be able to get protein!! anyone have any tips or have the same allergy and used a protein powder?

Nav

slimpickins5280
on 11/7/12 7:36 pm - CO

It's called RAW. Completely vegan. Tastes like licking dirt, but it doesn't have any of the things on your list.

http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Organic-Protein-Grams/dp/B0031JK96C

I buy it at Vitamin Shoppe.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

slimpickins5280
on 11/7/12 7:38 pm - CO

Well, I guess it kind of does have some of the things on your list, but they are all sprouts which usually don't cause allergic reactions.

Make sure to check with your doctor first before trying it.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

KnitsByMama
on 11/7/12 7:51 pm - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

Egg protein powder? Jay Robb makes one.

sevencats
on 11/7/12 8:51 pm

I'd second the suggestion of egg white protein.  As mentioned above, Jay Robb has it.  By googling egg white protein, I was also able to find a number of products from other companies:  optimum nutrition, now, etc.  I can't speak to the flavor, as I haven't tried them.

You also might clarify with your doc about the dairy allergy. Many people are just allergic to the lactose in dairy, but can use whey that is lactose free.  Others are allergic to all of it.

In terms of what to mix the powders with--most can be mixed with water or milk.  Many folks here seem to gravitate to almond milk, perhaps some because of lactose issues, but alot just because it's lower in carbs/calories.  One brand has extra added protein, which would also help you out.  While I prefer the almond, coconut milk is pretty good as well (not the kind in the cans!), but I haven't really looked at any nutrient info for it.

Good luck!  Who are you having your surgery with?

shutterfly
on 11/7/12 10:29 pm - vancouver, Canada

Thank you!  I still have a lot of testing to do since they want to rule out celiac disease or any gi disorders , but I will ask about the lactose. 

I am going to go with Aceves in mexicali .

Antimony40
on 11/8/12 3:04 am - VA
VSG on 12/06/12 with

lactose is a RARE RARE allergy--and usually means people were born with two little of the chemical in our body to digest it--and this isn't allergy, it's intolerance. 

If you came out testing allergy to milk, you're allergic to either casein or whey--your doctor should have individually tested you for both.

Someone suggested egg white protein, and there was a recent post about J Robb kind that said it was really good.

HW 286.7--SW 264.4--CW 184.2  M1-24.8//M2-14.8//M3-7.6//M4-10.0//M5-3.8//M6-8.4//M7-6.4//M8- 4.8//M9 +1

Rubielee
on 11/7/12 9:51 pm - OR
VSG on 02/14/13 with

Hemp protein powder, one of the best sources of protein. You can get it in most health stores and online of course! Good luck!

shutterfly
on 11/7/12 10:31 pm - vancouver, Canada

Thank you ! 

Calking
on 11/7/12 10:18 pm
VSG on 05/31/12 with

With those allergies I would have to also suggest the Egg Protein Powder.  Jay Robb I think tends to be expensive.  Here is the GNC link for some egg proteins ... http://www.gnc.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=12614533&cp=3593187

There is also another thought ... there seems to be one called Carnivor that appears to have fruit punch, chocolate, vanilla caramel, cherry vanilla, and blue raspberry flavors at GNC.  Here is a brief discussion on that ... 

The world's first all beef protein isolate is more concentrated than whey: 

Using new advanced extraction, clarification, hydrolysis and isolation technologies Carnivor's Beef Protein Isolate delivers the muscle building power of beef with higher amino acid levels than all other protein sources used in supplements including: whey, soy, milk and egg. Carnivor Beef Protein Isolate is even 350% more concentrated in anabolic muscle building aminos than a prime sirloin steak!

Actually at GNC.com I found a better beef protein mix ... Olympian Labs Inc. Beef Protein - Chocolate (Other Ingredients:  Beef Protein, Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate, Reb-A (stevia extract) ... 

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11985677&cp=3593186.3593187.3763718

Also I have heard of pea protein powders.

I don't usually tend to like shopping at GNC as their prices tend to be higher most of the time but they have a gold card you can buy for $15 that lasts for 1 year and saves you 20% off anything (even sale items unless they are labelled as Hot Buys)

I would also look at Vitamin Shoppe for Egg, Beef, or Pea protein mixes.  My personal feel is that I would go the egg route if I couldn't do the Whey powder thing.

Also on a side note you are wanting the mix (according to my nutritionist) to have the following:

- Not more than 5 g fat per serving

- Not more than 5 g carbs per serving

- Around 24 g protein per serving (give or take a couple)

- Her final recommendation was whey but since that is a milk by-product I doubt that would work for you.  

Hope this helps a little bit anyway.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

shutterfly
on 11/7/12 10:31 pm - vancouver, Canada

Thank you! :)

caligirl2829
on 11/8/12 3:10 am - Aurora, CO
VSG on 10/16/12

I highly recommend the Jay Robb egg protein powder- it's by far the best tasting that I've tried! I buy it at King Sooper grocery store- so I would imagine that you can get it just about anywhere.

God bless!    

Deb 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

wls2011
on 11/8/12 4:43 am - Glenville, NY
VSG on 05/12/11 with

In addition to the brands people have already mentioned....

There's DEB unflavored egg protein powder....I put it in my shakes early out to increase the protein.

And PLANT FUSION Protein Powder Vanilla flavor....it is a vegan blend of pea protein, but I do think it has brown rice protein also....but it is considered hypoallergenic, gluten free, dairy free, soy free....when I was having a lot of GI problems, it was the only one I could tolerate....it's a bit more chalky than whey proteins, but not bad IMO compared to other vegan ones.

VEGA Raw also has some decent flavors and blends....I think they have a pea protein blend also....

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

caligirl2829
on 11/8/12 7:50 pm - Aurora, CO
VSG on 10/16/12

Bad news... I just double checked the ingredients on my J.Robb egg protein and it does contain SOY. -Sorry...

shutterfly
on 11/8/12 7:59 pm - vancouver, Canada
oh dear!! have a lactose intolerance test next week, hopefully i am not lactose intolerant and can work my way around it. thank you so much for looking into it!