2 year Surgaversary!!!!!!!!

MS.LISA
on 11/16/12 4:15 pm - Salem, OR

Hello everey one!

Well its been 2 years since my surgery, I had surgery in Mexico, Dr Rodriguez in TJ. Very good Dr, I had a good expreriance there.

I had my gallbladder our about 5 months ago and that surgery was way worse then the VSG was! 

I have lost 115, in about 10 months. My lowest weight was 115 Everyone said that I was looking to skinny, but I loved being so tiny. 

I have 3 problems,

1.)  I have a problem with the yellow bile coming up in my throat, sometimes I will wake up with it going into my lungs and down the wrong tube, I hate it! It is soooo pain full and burns like crazy, I now take gavascon for it and elevate my head at night and that seems to be keeping.working.

2) Loose skin! I would love to get a mommy make over, I hate my ass the most it like dropped and now my butt bone hurts if I sit for a long time, people say that I look older cause my face has more wrinkles and has drooped.

3.) I am 2 years out and since I had the VSG, and I did so well and was down to 115 lbs, then I was introduced to werthers caramel filled hard candy, and I feel in love, I addictive behavior I eat a bag a day some times more, its like I have to have them! well I have been eating them for 2 months now and I have gained 15lbs!!!!! I am so pissed off at my self.

I cant believe im letting my self gain this back, Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Other then that I love my sleeve I would trade it for the world, I still have good restriction, accept of course I can eat my hard candy all day long, one right after another!!!!! Sorry so long, I dont know how to put pics on here but you can go on my profile and see me,  I have never counted calories or measured my food, I just eat till I start feeling full, it works for me.     Good luck to all of you on your journey, it is life changing, and the best thing you can do for your self! GOD Bless you all~ Lisa    

LNC62
on 11/16/12 4:55 pm - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

Well...since you know it is the Werthers that put the weight on, your best bet would be to give them up.  Or, are they sugar free?  If not, perhaps there's a sugar free version that would be better for maintaining your weight. 

Lynn

vsgwife
on 11/16/12 8:24 pm
VSG on 11/05/12

My father is diabetic and he always carries around sugar free Werther's hard candy.  They come in several different flavors actually!  Give them a try!!

HW: 327    SW:  314    CW  211    GW:  185     

happyteacher
on 11/16/12 9:28 pm

Great job on your overall loss pattern!  I have a sugar problem too- I would gently suggest that you literally just stop buying them.  You will stop craving them after a bit.  On a positive note, if that is all that put the pounds off just stop exposing yourself to them and the weight gain should stop.  Substitute fruit if you are craving sweet perhaps.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

lucy2e
on 11/16/12 10:42 pm - Laurel, MD

The yellow bile problem is related to the GB removal - talk to a GI about it.  They may be able to give you an old cholesterol med that absorbs bile - it's a powdered med that you mix with water and drink.  My daughter had a similar problem and it worked wonders while her body adjusted to no GB.

Step away from the sugary werthers.  If you can't control yourself when they are around - don't have them around!  You can try the sugar free, but it may be better just to avoid any.

Congrats and happy surgaversary! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 50 views