RNY to VSG Revision

danixbanani
on 5/20/13 4:39 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Why don't they do RNY to DS?  Is that even possible and safer?  I haven't seen many RNY's go to sleeve.

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Christyb17
on 5/20/13 5:23 am - Long Beach, CA
VSG on 06/04/13

Im not sure, she just said thats what her surgeon recommended. My Dr office did say that if you had problems with RNY that you can reverse to vsg or ds if you ever needed to. Im going vsg to start

VSG June 4, 2013

HW - 271.4     SW - 263     CW - 159

bublegirl1
on 5/20/13 6:08 am
RNY on 11/10/14
I struggle wth the vsg. My restriction isn't that great. My doc wants to talk about revision to RNY. My cousin just had RNY a few weeks ago as well. That was her first and only hopefully, surgery.

-Amie

louisamay
on 5/20/13 7:01 am
VSG on 04/27/12

I'm curious about your issues with restriction. My restriction isn't great either, but it didn't stop me from measuring and weighing my food and losing. Is something else going on with yours?

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

bublegirl1
on 5/20/13 7:33 am
RNY on 11/10/14
I never had to measure in the beginning and for a while because I could stop when comfortably satisfied but as restriction got looser then I naturally are more and didn't catch it right away. Then I admit I got frustrated and turned to comfort foods again like carbs. I should have had restriction for longer than I did so my surgeon just ordered an upper GI and endoscopy to look at things. But if I was 100% good at measuring and counting calories id never had needed the surgery. I lost 80 lbs very quickly but gained half back. So I kinda want the restriction again along with the first year and a half or so of the malabsorption. So I'm thinning about bypass. We shall see. Even with dense protein, I can eat more than I really should without hurting or feeling bad physically. He used a 40 b on me. So that's where I'm at right now.

-Amie

Zee Starrlite
on 5/20/13 6:31 am

Have they tried iron infusions?  Heme iron? Vita lady Michelle's gentle iron?  Are they taking iron with C?

All Best

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Christyb17
on 5/20/13 12:45 pm - Long Beach, CA
VSG on 06/04/13
My aunt has done infusions my mom isn't there yet. Not sure on the other things though

VSG June 4, 2013

HW - 271.4     SW - 263     CW - 159

Meliss
on 1/23/18 10:38 pm

Hey, I am not sure this is still an active thread, but I am hoping to see if your aunt went ahead and went from RnY to VSG.

I am almost 10 Years out and have also struggles with malabsorption, lack of nutrients and minerals, have been severely anemic for the past 5 years and have had horrible dental issues.

I didn't know this was a possibility, but I have heard absorption is way better with VSG. It wasn't an option with my surgeon 10 years ago, so I'm hoping to get more info and see about a reversal.

Thank you!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views