Hi!

Still Fawn
on 5/22/13 3:13 am, edited 5/22/13 3:16 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
I haven't been on the forums in so long- at least a year or two! Is there even anyone around that still remembers me?

How is everyone? This morning I joined the BBGC on google+ and it made me think of OH.... I am doing well. We moved across the country and now live in Southern CA. I am done with school and taking a break from working due to the insanity of my husband's duty here.

For those who are concerned with stats, I am around 150lbs today, and wear a size 6-8-10 depending on if it's juniors or womens, and how it's cut. I have gone basically with a primal diet, because (1) My dr believed I had vitamin deficiencies which weren't explainable by my surgery (severe anemia since I was a little girl, and vitamin B-3 deficiency) and because (2) I decided to cut ALL processed food from our diet for my children's sake. There was just too much evidence IMO that all those chemicals are nothing but damaging over a lifetime....

Anywho, so that is me. About 4.75 years out, still at my original goal of 150lbs, no protein shakes/bars/supplements, and healthier (by measure of my skin/cardio strength, and muscle strength- not the scale) than I have been in my adult life.. Catch me up peeps- how are all of my friends??

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

Chris Waffle
on 5/22/13 3:22 am - Cypress, CA

You use google+ ??? Ha ha ha.

PS: Hi Fawn.

Join me at #OH2013

HW: 375 SW: 295 CW: 195

I'm in it to win it!

Still Fawn
on 5/22/13 3:27 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
Hush up Chris or I will bug the **** outta you on FB! LMAO!

Actually, I forgot I even had a google+ account until Beth sent me the invite. I still am not fond of it, tbh, but I was trying to support a friend's group...
Chris Waffle
on 5/22/13 3:30 am - Cypress, CA

LOL! I figured I didn't have to update you on how I was doing since we were already stalking each other...

Join me at #OH2013

I'm in it to win it!

Still Fawn
on 5/22/13 3:32 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
True dat.. when am I gonna meet that lovely lady of yours in person? I am nearly certain we live less than 45 mins from one other. What is that festival in Santa
Monica you posted about? I was thinking maybe we could meet there if we all go..
?? what say the waffle?
Chris Waffle
on 5/22/13 3:36 am - Cypress, CA

Shoot, you should just go to the OH National Conference in Anaheim!  All the cool kids will be there!

Join me at #OH2013

I'm in it to win it!

Still Fawn
on 5/22/13 3:39 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
Well, I was thinking about that, but:
1. I am ~not~ a cool kid, never have been
2. I have been to a conference before, and didn't find it to be worth the price for the actual conference stuff
3. Those damn things are expensive
4. I am still thinking about bunking w a friend or two in the hotel to see and catch up with people, but just skipping the actual conference altogether- it was far too judge-y in my opinion..
Chris Waffle
on 5/22/13 3:45 am - Cypress, CA

1. But but but I'm only friends with cool people. hahahahaha

2. It's totally worth that price just to see my speak alone!

3.  Well you got me there.

4. Zing! (I'm not gonna judge.  I plan to walk in eating a cupcake. KIDDING)

Join me at #OH2013

I'm in it to win it!

Still Fawn
on 5/22/13 3:46 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
OH needs a like button. That is all.

Seriously, what are you giving a speech on?
Chris Waffle
on 5/22/13 3:51 am - Cypress, CA

BREAKOUT SESSION: Where’s the Funny Fat Guy?

Saturday, October 5th 11:00AM – 11:50AM, Location:  Mazatlan AIII

Using his unique sense of humor and perspective as a VSG post-op, Chris Waffle speaks about the ways people treat you differently after surgery and the reality about the way you treated yourself. Chris candidly talks about his own personal experiences as one-half of the musical comedy duo where part of his professional identity was being the “Funny Fat Guy”. Chris has changed from entertaining crowds where he had used his weight as part of his comedy gig to now sharing his own journey of taking control of his health and weight with a vertical sleeve gastrectomy.  Chris breaks it down for us with an entertaining look at what comes after weight loss surgery. He’ll talk about his own insights on suddenly being hit on by the opposite sex, to the “you’re too skinny” comments, or the ultimate question for Chris personally which is “Where’s the Funny Fat Guy?”

Post-Op Q&A Panel

Friday, October 4th 4:00 pm – 4:50 pm Mazatlan Ballroom

You’ll be able to ask Chris questions at Friday’s live Q&A Panel.

Join me at #OH2013

I'm in it to win it!

Most Active