mrspetty · 6 replies · 132 views
Bridesmaid Dress Help!
Laura222 · 5 replies · 117 views

HELP, weight loss has stopped

csamh
on 6/10/13 2:28 pm
VSG on 02/08/11 with

Hey y'all,

I had a sleeve a little over two years ago and lost at first, however I seem to be at a standstill and have been for about a year now.  I'm not sure if the belly fat is excessive skin or me still being fat.  I have lost one hundred pounds but, would still like to lose at least thirty to forty more.  I drink more than I eat not sure if that is my problem, that is the easiest way for me to get protein in.  Calories are under one thousand a day; I am active elliptical, walking and exercise videos as often as I can. I'm very frustrated at this point, it feels like my weight lost came to screeching halt.  For those of you that have already been down your weight loss road I would welcome any and all comments and suggestions.

Thanks! 

busboss1
on 6/10/13 3:18 pm
VSG on 12/18/12

Are you still tracking your calorie intake? Sounds like you're doing everything right but sometimes I find if I don't track and think back to what I've eaten, I've eaten more than I thought. I've also seen on here, after a few months, you should be eating your protein and not drinking it. Have you tried that? You could also change up your exercise routine a bit. I'm not to goal yet so I'm no expert. Good luck to you.

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

pineview01
on 6/10/13 3:58 pm - Davison, MI

At support this month, which is attended by long timers, that your body find it's new set point.  This may not be your idea of where you should be but it is what your body is going to stay at.  If you have been at this weight for a year are you thinking of removing that skin now?  PS may finish you off and leave you 10/20 pounds lower depending on skin and fat removed.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won!  Sleeved 1/22/13!  At third goal and "normal"

frisco
on 6/10/13 4:08 pm

Your eating to much.......

Try 600-700 cals a day for one solid month and I think you will find the answer.

Right now your at your balance point (maintenance)

What else do you have to lose.... but the weight !! ha ha... made joke...

Seriously... try it....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

csamh
on 6/10/13 6:10 pm
VSG on 02/08/11 with

One of the  bariatric surgeons that I  work with asked me if I get 1000 cals a day I told him probably not close.  Although the shakes I drink can have 170 -200 cals in them and I drink 3-4 a day.  If I drink that many I am not eating as much.  Thanks I will relook at the calories.

Ohiogirl
on 6/10/13 9:03 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12 with

I am having the same problem as the OP - but I am only 8 months out.  I am sticking to my program - under 800 calories - I don't think I can go any lower.  I am only losing 4-5 lbs a month for the last few months and I have 50-60 lbs to go.  How long did you have to stay at 600-700 calories before you went into maintenance?  My hunger has definitely returned - seems protein doesn't hold me like before.  I do the 80 gms protein below 40 gm carbs and I drink 64+ oz of liquids.  I'm older (61) but I was sure hoping I could lose 150+ lbs.  Any suggestions??

Paula

frisco
on 6/11/13 12:00 am
On June 10, 2013 at 9:03 PM Pacific Time, Ohiogirl wrote:

I am having the same problem as the OP - but I am only 8 months out.  I am sticking to my program - under 800 calories - I don't think I can go any lower.  I am only losing 4-5 lbs a month for the last few months and I have 50-60 lbs to go.  How long did you have to stay at 600-700 calories before you went into maintenance?  My hunger has definitely returned - seems protein doesn't hold me like before.  I do the 80 gms protein below 40 gm carbs and I drink 64+ oz of liquids.  I'm older (61) but I was sure hoping I could lose 150+ lbs.  Any suggestions??

Paula

Sounds like your doing fine.......

It gets harder after 6 months for most of us.

Really evaluate your intake and make sure your spot on.

Stay consistent, don't listen to the people that will tell you to increase cals, or carb cycle or wig wag or starvation mode....... that's all crap and temporary at best.

You don't mention your activities.... I lost most my weight by walking an hour a day about 5 days a week.....

4-5lbs. a month is still respectable.....

Keep it going, you might take a little longer but your on a path to get there..... just keep it tight and tighter as you go.....

Hope this helps....

frisci

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Keith L.
on 6/10/13 5:29 pm - Plantation, FL
VSG on 09/28/12 with

What does a normal day of eating/ drinking look like for you? How about exercise for he week? Are you doing any weight/strength training? If I know these things I might be able together you started again. Also what is your current weight and what I you do for a job?

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

My Fitness Pal Profile ​View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

csamh
on 6/10/13 6:15 pm
VSG on 02/08/11 with

Breakfast (0530-0600): protein shake

am snack(0900-1000): either 1 boiled egg or 1/4 serving scrambled egg, and .30 oz of madrin oranges sometimes 1 tsp hash browns

Lunch: protein shake (if I don't feel like eating) or 1 chicken strip or 1 taco no shell ( not always able to finish)

Dinner: tsp of pinto beans, tsp ground beef,  tsp spanish rice 

pm snack: protein shake

lots of  water through out the day.  I try to get 3-4 day of exercise in a week, not always possible.  Exercise consist of elliptical 30-45 min, walking 3 miles or 30 min video workout.

My job requires alot of standing, I'm a surgical tech in the OR.

Keith L.
on 6/10/13 6:31 pm - Plantation, FL
VSG on 09/28/12 with

Ok so the reason I asked age was to consider whether hormonal imbalance could be an issue which it could be. Consider having your hormone levels checked. So right off the bat you are eating too many high glycemic foods to allow your body to burn fat effectively. Cut the mandarin oranges, hash browns, and rice. If you really want to kick start it cut the beans for a week or two as well. Your carb ratio is too high. The sugars and starches you are eating are stopping you from getting into ketosis.

Next add some healthy fats to your diet. Almonds, walnuts, avocados, olives, olive oil, fish oil, flax oil, salmon are all good sources of good fats. I don't think you need to change you calorie count at all just what you are eating. 

Next exercise. Your body may well be used to your typical exercise. Try changing it up. Also consider adding some weight training too. Lean muscles burn more calories. I tell people all the time to do squats. They work the biggest muscles in your body. Strength training will also improve your other workouts. 

csamh
on 6/10/13 6:43 pm
VSG on 02/08/11 with

I'm allergic to nuts so that is out not a big fan of avocados, any other fish that is good not sure about the salmon. I don't always eat a solid meal have trouble giving up the protein shakes.  I was really beginning to wonder if that was some of my problem.  Didn't know about the hormone will look into that.  I just added the workout videos because I didn't know if what I was doing was still as effective. Thanks for all your input

Keith L.
on 6/10/13 7:15 pm - Plantation, FL
VSG on 09/28/12 with

Here is a list of fish:

http://www.genesmart.com/pages/_omega_3_sources__high_omega_ 3_fish/159.php

here are some other foods too

http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000140000000000000000.ht ml

for women the health fats help to balance hormones. 

Keith L.
on 6/10/13 5:30 pm - Plantation, FL
VSG on 09/28/12 with

Also how tall are you? Male or female? Age range?

csamh
on 6/10/13 6:16 pm
VSG on 02/08/11 with

Female 40*, ( probably my age, lol) and 4ft 11in

datachick
on 6/10/13 5:50 pm - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

Can I ask, if this has been going on for a full year, what makes you bring it up now vs. like 11 months ago? Life changes? work? Family? has something happened?

And what Keith said: age, weight, height, cals/day, protein, carbs, fat, exercise minutes/day etc can help us help you!

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

csamh
on 6/10/13 6:21 pm
VSG on 02/08/11 with

I asked a long time ago but nobody ever relied to my post (so much for support) so I stopped posting and reading the post here.  I figured I would try and post again to see if I would be able to get any replies this time around maybe there was something else I could could do different that I was overlooking.

datachick
on 6/11/13 7:57 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

Sorry you didn't get any help before, that's disappointing. Too bad you allowed that disappointment to fuel a year's worth of problems for you. Really, I don't rely on virtual folks, or anyone else really, to take care of this for me. I have to do it myself, get what I need from whomever I need to when I need it. Hope you can take what folks are suggesting and really make some changes for the better. I so don't want to have this happen to me, so I hope you can take care of business.

I'm thinking that you know what to do but just can't take the steps to do it for some reason.

Do you have a nutritionist you used to go to? Maybe a visit to him/her would help, even if you have to pay for it, so you can get some more answers to your dietary questions. How about a WLS Support group nearby that you can attend regularly? That can help too Surround yourself with people and activities that help you move in a positive direction. Let your family cook their own food. You come first. And yes it takes effort to do this. Of course grabbing a protein drink is easier, but this isn't about what we want to eat, right? It's about what we are SUPPOSED to eat. Do things to set yourself up for success.

Sorry you are going through this. Hope you get on the right path. Let us know how it goes!

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

laurak712
on 6/10/13 7:14 pm - New Braunfels, TX

Have you ever tried getting off the shakes and eating more real, unprocessed food?  Maybe your body needs more whole food nutrition like lean meat and veggies, eggs, cottage cheese, greek yogurt...you know real food. I mean, it sounds like you are living off shakes and at 2 years out that may not be what your body wants any more. Maybe you could just have 1 shake a day and then start cooking some food!  Just a suggestion. 

Laura

Height 5' 7

csamh
on 6/10/13 7:57 pm
VSG on 02/08/11 with

I really wondered if the shakes where some of my problem.  I am very busy with work, family and school ( yes college at my old age, lol) and many times it is easier to grab a shake and go.  If I have time to eat I will eat what make my family or something that is more suitable for me; sometimes I would only be home long enough to start dinner for the family and let them finish making it.

laurak712
on 6/11/13 6:21 am - New Braunfels, TX

Well I'd day to keep hard boiled eggs on hand, make some tuna or chicken salad when you have time and portion it out in small containers.  Buy rotisserie chicken and maybe have some cut up raw veggies on hand. Greek yogurt comes in individual containers as does cottage cheese. Eat some raw almonds, string cheese, even some fruit like a few strawberries, or 1/2 an apple. I think if you want to lose more weight then you are going to have to be willing to change something. Make some time once a week and prepare!  A lot of us here have to do this. The weight doesn't magically disappear. Yes maybe at first it does, but further out it is work and dedication. All the long term successful vets on here do have a plan in place.  I hope you can get this figured out because the further out you get the less likely you'll continue to lose. There's no time to waste!  Good luck to you. 

Laura

Height 5' 7