Feel like crying :(

Dravens_Mommy
on 6/26/13 6:51 pm - VA

I had my endoscopy/colonoscopy today. The Dr found "red spots" on my stomach lining. Turns out they are precursors to stress induced ulcers. Well duh! I have a 3 year old with autism, a husband who is in constant pain everyday of his life but can't get disability cuz the Dr can't find the cause of the pain, I have both ovaries "full" of very painful cysts, I just lost my job and can't even afford my psych eval. There is literally 50 dollars standing between me and my surgery!! All of this is just piling up on me and makes me feel like I'm suffocating. I'm losing so much sleep and I don't know how much more I can take before they are going to have to put me in the nut house! :'(          

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/26/13 7:06 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Cyber hugs!! I hope that the red spots are in the part of your stomach that the doctor will remove with the VSG. Or is he/she advising a treatment first? I had an ulcer that was discovered during my endoscopy and that delayed my surgery by quite some time until I was able to treat the ulcer, heal it and have another endoscopy to show that it was all gone - it was in the pyloric area so would not have been removed. I still had mild gastritis when the surgery took place but it has not been a problem post op. 

You need to seriously destress however.. with what you have described happening in your life it seems tough but you need to do it. Can you arrange to take a day or half a day to yourself and just do nothing or go out with friends or something that would calm your nerves a bit? You are embarking on a journey where you are going to have to take care of you! It's for you but it is also for the betterment of your whole family. 

Cyber hugs again! Hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

Julia

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Dravens_Mommy
on 6/26/13 7:14 pm - VA

My exam was actually ordered by my gastro Dr and was unrelated to my WLS. My Dr told me to take Prilosec for 2 months to clear it up and said that everything else looks great. As far as getting out of the house, I'm ashamed to admit it but I don't have a single friend. Up until I lost my job last week all I did was go to work and come home. Now all I do is just stay home. My husband and I haven't been on a date since our son was 6 months old because we have no one to watch him for even a couple minutes. Not to mention we are EXTREMELY short on money. The fact that I need to get a life is a wild understatement......

bob-h
on 6/26/13 8:14 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12

Make wantmylifes your friend. She is the BEST one you will find on here. 

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/26/13 9:43 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Awweee Bob.. that's so sweet! Thank you! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Jackie T.
on 6/26/13 10:38 pm - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Big hug coming your way!  You are going through a tough time.  When things are crumbling down around you it is sometimes hard to look at the big picture. Breathe!  If there is going to be a delay then there is going to be a delay and there is not much you can do about that.  Use this time to get your life in order.  Are there any groups and/or local organizations that deal with autism?  I am sure there are other mothers that are feeling just like you are and might need a friend to vent with.  Go for a walk, take your child to the park to play.  Don't just sit around the house as you will get depressed.  Hang in there!  I hope things will turn around for you  very soon.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Marley M.
on 6/26/13 10:47 pm - Brooklyn, NY
VSG on 07/19/12 with

Hugs to you! It will get better, truly.  I also had an ulcer as well as H.  pyolori that was discovered during my endoscopy/colonoscopy.  I was originally scheduled for surgery in March but it had to be delayed until every thing was healed.  It is a good thing that it was found now.  My surgeon would not operate with an ulcer.  I had surgery in July and now down over 110 lbs.  So you are now alone in that. Breathe, enjoy your husband and your child, log on here everyday and read.  Take your child to the park (they grow up so fast), play scrabble with the hubs and breathe.

HW 316 SW 310 GW 170-175                    

Sandy M.
on 6/26/13 10:51 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

You did the first thing right - you reached out for help!  Now take a deep breath.  You can handle this - you're a woman!

There is absolutely nothing you can do to make your child not autistic, and nothing you can do to make your husband healthy, or take away those cysts in your ovaries.  So stop thinking that you're somehow responsible for fixing the world.  Worrying about things out of your control is a sure path to insanity!  Think instead what you CAN control.  You CAN control making sure that you take those Pepcids as ordered.  You CAN control your stress levels by finding time for yourself, like taking a walk, or a hot bath, even just sitting alone for a few minutes with your eyes closed.  Perhaps start journaling - I kept a gratitude journal every day for years.  Some days all I put down was "I'm grateful for my legs, or breath, for getting me through today".  

I sincerely hope things get better for you, but in the meantime, worry about getting yourself healthy or you won't be of ANY use to your family.

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

VSG on 06/12/13
This is beautiful advice.
Hang in there, Mommy!

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

A. Robinson
on 6/27/13 12:22 am - Columbia, TN
VSG on 04/29/13

So sorry to hear all of this. I have been there done that with the financial situation. I was scared that I wouldn't be able to afford my psych eval either. I have been blessed through it all & pray that you do too! Hang in there girl. It will all get better soon.

Most Active