What exactly is insurance looking for?

DonnaMaria
on 7/28/13 5:55 am

I was denied my first go around with insurance for a revision from band to sleeve. They said that I didn't comply because I had not been to my surgeon all of 2012. Well of course I didn't go to see him. I was too embarrassed at all the weight I gained. Anyhow they wanted me to get a phyc. evaluation and meet with the nutritionist two more times. They want to be sure I am giving my band 100%. Now my question is this? Am I supposed to loose weight during this time or not. As of now I am exactly what I weighed the day they put in the request. I have an appointment with my nutritionist on the 12th of August. Should I try to loose some weight. Of course I do try to loose weight everyday but it just doesn't happen.

AmyB1012
on 7/28/13 9:51 am

I would meet with the nut and see what they say. Go ahead and take care of the apts they are asking you to do.

hollykim
on 7/28/13 11:23 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I would try NOT to lose ny weight.if you do lose,then they will say there is nothing wrong with your band and deny your revision on those grounds. GL

LVeronica
on 7/28/13 10:19 pm

Of course you should try and loose weight.  The more you loose pre-op the easier and safer surgery is.  If you end up getting your band adjusted and you loose a lot of weight, well bully for you, you don't need another surgery right now after all.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views