Surgery in 6 days getting nervous

Joy M.
on 7/31/13 1:19 am
VSG on 08/06/13

So I've been starting to have bad dreams and getting really nervous about surgery. 

Yocie
on 7/31/13 1:40 am
VSG on 11/06/12

Totally normal, it's a scary process. Once it's over and done you will be glad you did it. I wish you all the best.

NewNatinIl
on 7/31/13 1:40 am

ME TOO! my surgery is tomorrow and i'm really nervous what the first two weeks will be like...pain and staying hydrated.  I'm a little freaked out, actually.

I have had enough anxiety over it...and the preop diet, i actually had a dream I went to a Mexican restaurant and ate fajitas. it started out, i'll just eat the Fajita meat...then i was eating chips and salsa and toritllas!

good luck! 

Joy M.
on 7/31/13 1:43 am
VSG on 08/06/13

Good luck with ur surgery tomorrow. I dreamt my stomach fell out through the holes in my stomach yikes!

lnettles1963
on 7/31/13 2:09 am
VSG on 07/12/13

Nervous is normal. I had surgery July 12th and have done amazing. Gas Pain was all I had. All you can do is walk but it still did not get bad. I used my pain pump two times right after surgery just because everyone was telling me to cause they thought I would be in pain. After the day of surgery, never took anything else for pain. Getting up and down was sore in my belly button, but very tolerable.

I was on liquids for two weeks after surgery and just started soft foods. Doing great with it, my biggest issue is the drinking, I am having trouble getting it all in. I know we are not suppose to feel full, bu****er feels very heavy, so I have been trying a bunch of different products to get my fluids in.

It will be here and over before you know it and you will be so glad!!! I have lost 19 pounds in 13 days. I weigh less than I have in years. My only regret is I did not do it sooner.

Best Wishes!!!!

serenity1959
on 7/31/13 4:13 am
VSG on 08/05/13

Mine is the day before yours.   No bad dreams, though nervous at times.   However, since mine is in Mexico, I have so much to do with last minute details, sometimes there is no time to dwell on it.   Will be glad when it is behind  me!  Goodbye, salt and vinegar potato chips!!!

sonia29
on 7/31/13 4:30 am

Don't be nervous:) keep everything on God's hands:)

You will be fine!

29y/ 5'4 / HW 265/SW 255/CW 120.1/Final goal 125

Cathy K.
on 7/31/13 5:37 am

not to far behind you, 19 days, hang in there, I sure it is normal to stress about it. Haven't been very nervous at all so far. I'm sure it will be fine. Will be watching for your post-surgery posts. Good Luck

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views