Gas and broccoli...

grayC
on 10/1/13 7:45 am
VSG on 05/01/13
So last nite I ate a what I would call significant amout of broccoli about a 1/2cup..
I had made chicken cutlets and ate maybe 1/4 of it..l really wanted the broccoli..
I've had it before but maybe 1/8-1/4 cup...man oh man am I feeling it today..
Tubateeni REX is NOT happy today...mild discomfort on and off for Tubateeni...
Back gas pain...finally after all day it's starting to break up...if you know what I mean!!
LOL... just in time to go to ZUMBA...watch out girls behind me...it ain't gonna be pretty!!!
Oh and what do I make for dinner tonite chicken brocoli bake...didn't connect the gas dots until it was too late...so I guess I'm in for more of the same tomorrow..
YEA ME!!

Melody2
on 10/1/13 7:49 am
VSG on 04/10/13

LOL!

teachren
on 10/1/13 7:59 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/13/13 with

Oh...I so feel ya on the broccoli. Had my first "foamies" after a small piece of broccoli that was undercooked. Like you...just couldn't resist it...but I'll never have it again. The next day I was a horror to be around...if ya catch my drift (or sniff :-)

Glad I was at Zumba last night...I feel for those girls tonight!

ChrissySmiley
on 10/1/13 11:23 am - MI
VSG on 09/09/13

OMG I ate broccoli for the first time today and that is exactly what happened foamies!  I was like what in the world is this.  So question for you...at about a month out, what veggies did you ladies eat if any?

327 at the beginning of this process

298.5 Surgery Date 9/9

296 9/14

teachren
on 10/1/13 9:03 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/13/13 with

One month out...hmmm

I wasn't eating many vegetables at all actually. 'm just going to fly over to My Fitness Pal and check my food diary. Ok... I had started on strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. They are basically the only fruit I eat (in very small quantities) . I have just added in 1/2 an apple once in a while.

For veggies, I ate a slice tomato with some balsamic vinegar often. Leafy greens like kale, spinach or bok choy were a staple over the summer. For example, I would put my protein on a bed (haha...more like a cradle considering the size) of sauteed or steamed greens.

I was also starting cauliflower puree to be mock mashed potatoes at around month 3. I just add some low fat chicken stock, salt, pepper and low fat parmesan cheese to it. It's pretty delicious.

Now...almost 5 months out I eat cucumber slices, mushrooms, some lettuce, zucchini, and lots of greens. Spaghetti squash has also become a favourite.

Hope that helps...but every surgeon is different.

Vanessa_M
on 10/1/13 9:48 am

Leroy does not like broccoli as much as I do. Oh the foamies that came with that!  

Lol about Zumba.  I've become quite the crop-duster! 

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

mickeymantle
on 10/1/13 9:58 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

Beany does not like broccoli , I get terrible gas

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

grayC
on 10/1/13 10:36 am
VSG on 05/01/13
Thank God there was no one directly behind me and a fan blowing LOL!!!
This is the first time I've had a problem with gas...oh but I love broccoli!!

Antimony40
on 10/1/13 10:48 am - VA
VSG on 12/06/12 with

I had problems with brocoli until about 7-8 months out...first it was immediate ejection, then just major discomfort.  BOY, I LOVE BROCOLI!!  I can handle it now without discomfort at all...

HW 286.7--SW 264.4--CW 184.2  M1-24.8//M2-14.8//M3-7.6//M4-10.0//M5-3.8//M6-8.4//M7-6.4//M8- 4.8//M9 +1

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views