2 week Pre-OP

jenamir21
on 9/29/13 11:56 am
VSG on 10/14/13

I thought I had it all figured out but little did I know I don't. I need help with ideas of protein drinks and soups. I have to drink 2 protein shakes or a protein soup per day. I need help because I am on a tight budget and I need food that is a reasonable price. Any ideas on the soups I can try or different shakes I can try. Also I need options on different protein bars or protein crisps I can eat for snacks. I need help people...all the help I can get!

28 YO 5'11 HW:315 GW:185 SW:293

LosingSarah
on 9/29/13 12:20 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Are you supposed to just pick up your own shakes? I got mine from my clinic.

Otherwise, if you or someone you know has a Costco or Sam's Club membership you can get a case of Premier Protein shakes for a pretty good price.

I imagine that lentil or bean soups would be high in protein. 

Good luck! When do you start you pre-op diet?  I start mine on Tuesday.

jenamir21
on 9/29/13 12:25 pm
VSG on 10/14/13

It started today. I think I did good today I had the atkins protein shake which was horrible by the way. I had the special k protein bars for snack. I am just going to go to the my doctor office tomorrow and buy some stuff from the nutrition store.

28 YO 5'11 HW:315 GW:185 SW:293

LosingSarah
on 9/29/13 1:01 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Good idea.  I got the Sanford Profile, or something like that, which is made by the health care system my WLS clinic is part of and were the best one I tried. Not too thick or too sweet, which is a big deal for me.

Glad you did well. I know I'll survive, ha ha, but am not looking forward to how hard it may be. Especially, the first couple days.

FLParrotGirl
on 9/30/13 4:05 am
VSG on 10/14/13

Mine started today as well.  I bought 2 cases of premier shakes from costco.  That is enough for 2 weeks.  I bought one chocolate and one vanilla to break up the favors.  They were 24.99 a case so not too bad.  Hope this helps.  I'm not allowed any snacks, so you are lucky! Lol

hang in there. 

Most Active