My stomach is turning flips! lol

jenamir21
on 10/13/13 1:47 pm, edited 10/13/13 1:51 pm
VSG on 10/14/13

About 8 hours from now I will be having my sleeve done. There are so many thoughts running thru my head right now, did I make the right decision? Why am I doing this? What am I doing? What is going to happen? Will I really lose the weight? What if the surgery does work? I am really freaking out right now. I have got to get it together, because there is no turning back now. I am nervous, scared, excited, tired, so many emotions right now.

28 YO 5'11 HW:315 GW:185 SW:293

Scott S.
on 10/13/13 1:50 pm - TX
Congrats! Good luck with the first few days post op. Post here if you need any advice!

VSG: 8/8/13 

Imakitekat
on 10/13/13 4:40 pm - ID
VSG on 09/23/13

Best wishes on your surgery today.  Your answers: 1) Yes you made the right decision!  2). Your doing this for you to make the rest of your life better because no matter what you tried in the past, it just didn't work, you want to live longer and want to decrease your chances of heart attack, stroke, diabetes and kidney disease. 3).  Your going to the hospital to have surgery.  4)  your going to have a successful surgery that will change your life, everyone at the hospital will put you at ease and they will give you some sleep medicine that will make you feel all happy and giggly 4). You will lose the weight, just follow your Dr.s instructions, your main goal after is to not get dehydrated, you probably won't drink anything till the day after surgery but they will give you swabs and hopefully breath spray to keep you mouth from getting dry, take some Chapstick for sure and a pillow for your tummy 6) the surgery will work.  It is normal to feel scared and nervous.  When you get into the prep area you can ask for someone to come and say a prayer with you.  I don't go to church every Sunday , but having someone do that really made me feel comforted and safe.  Work through your emotions and take lots of deep breaths!  I didn't sleep at all the night before my surgery, you will get plenty of rest after surgery, the. Meds they give you for pain are really good!

Best wishes on your surgery today, can't wait to see you on the winners/losers bench!

Smiles:),

Lisa

Nikke2003
on 10/14/13 12:36 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

It's completely normal to feel this way... I hope that all things go well for you and just hang in there. Keep in mind that it's normal for most people to have "what did I do to myself" thoughts after surgery as well. 

But let me tell you... those thoughts go away, you'll work hard... and wonder what life was even like before if you stick to your eating plan! Great things are coming your way!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Most Active