Dr. gave me a gold star... Huh??

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 12/20/13 3:00 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I went in for my post-op checkup yesterday morning. I've had kind of a rough go of it since getting home-- since I'm a super-rapid metabolizer of opiate pain meds, and I'm doing the whole recovery on Advil, owww. I'm tired, I'm sore, and I feel like crap, which is pretty common at this point, and I've still got a little bit of the "I feel like I've been hit by a truck and I'm terrified this won't be worth it" going on in my head."

So I go back, weigh in, and head back to the exam room, the usual. Before the surgeon comes in, the nurse pops her head in. Apparently, I've lost 24 lb since my pre-op appointment. Whaaa? No joke, apparently they don't see it often but it happens sometimes (especially with psych patients, like me). I have no idea how, but I'm not going to argue with it, and I guess it's a darn good sign for the future.

The surgeon joked that I get a gold star in my chart, and that if I can earn one while feeling like crap, I'd better earn a couple more after I stop feeling like a zombie. I guess that's darn good motivation, huh?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Sandy M.
on 12/20/13 3:03 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Good for you!  I'm a little surprised though that they're letting you use Advil this soon out.  Isn't it hard on the tummy?

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 12/20/13 3:05 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Yeah, it can be, but it's pretty much my only option since Tylenol doesn't do squat for me and never has :(

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views