"Full" sensation???

Michael B.
on 2/7/14 5:19 am - Clinton, AR
VSG on 11/11/13

Ok - here I am 3 months out.  Have experienced most of the classic stuff - changed BM schedule, learning when to eat, struggles to get enough protein and liquids, etc.  But...

Early on, I suppose because of the raw staple line and general trauma, it was really easy to eat slowly, chew well, and sense when I was appraoching the "full" level.  I crossed the line only a couple of times in the first 6-8 weeks.  But in the last 3-4 weeks, that gradual full has disappeared.  I still focus on eating slow, talking or listening between bites to conversation, etc.  But now, I can take a bite and all is well - no sensation of filling at all.  Wait a bit, take another bite and by the time I get it swallowed, I suddenly feel like I have swallowed a watermellon - to the point of pain.  The feeling eases after 10-20 minutes.  But it is extremely uncomfortable.  I have found that a couple of tiny sips of water can help speed the easing of pain.

kellma699
on 2/7/14 5:22 am
VSG on 02/04/14

Have you called your surgeon? From everything I've read/heard that doesn't sound right. However, I am only four days post op. Good luck! I hope it's only a passing phase along your journey.

Shagdoll
on 2/7/14 5:27 am, edited 2/7/14 5:28 am

Are you maybe taking bites a little too big or not chewing well enough?  I know at 3 months things are a heck of alot better than in the first month but it's still a very testy time.  I believe we are still just getting used to our sleeves even at 3 months out.  I never really experienced pain to the point where I should be concerned.  I know you say you are extremely uncomfortable.  Jus****ch out for anything unusual.  Maybe it depends what you are eating?  I know I had a very restrictive diet and a lot of foods were not on my plan for the first 3 months.  And even when I was allowed to eat certain things, I took extreme caution but I was a scardy cat, so I was just overly careful.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Michael B.
on 2/7/14 6:54 am - Clinton, AR
VSG on 11/11/13

I have been pretty cautious as well, as far as adding things to my diet.  

Could I be not chewing enough, or be taking bites that are too big... Maybe so.  Will try to pay a little more attention.

Kvp1029
on 2/7/14 10:08 am
Revision on 12/28/13

Have you tried measuring your food to know when to quit?

VSG on 06/12/13

It might be an esophogeal spasm which is no fun.

Avoid this by measuring everything (you don't say if you do or not), and by practicing "undereating your sleeve". Do a search here to learn more. Frisco has posted a lot on the topic.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Most Active