A have reached another milestone

bytheriver
on 3/7/14 4:31 am - Puerto Rico

After injuring my back, i have been trying to get back in track, so i decided to follow on what was suggested from a life ago, but perhaps, trying to simplify stuff, i used to keep the log on my head. Well i decided to log my food in a journal, raw and nasty as it is. I found out that i was fooling myself, actually i was eating my rear off, really. I began this week, logging my food, and guess what, the scale moved, so far, i have lost 4 lbs, it works. i got back into costco and got my box of premier shakes, stock up on my greek jogurts, cheese and have been working out. When you are honest with yourself; then, there is progress and that's what the journal does. I can reconized and point out that the stuff that im eating and perhaps, should not and also write about the emotions on how am i feeling that day. I soo recomend this to all, this is another tool to assist on our battle. After my mom passed away, I really took a good look at myself and where i was going, i was weighing 285 in a good day, the scale highest i remember was 292. I had high blood preasure, hypothyrodism, and the onset of Diabetes, my first A1C registering 6.8 and my chollesterol was on 272. I started to walk, I stopped eating out and i made my meals simple, lots of chicken and fish. I went down to 240 and the cholesterol went back to normal, but the other issues remained. Then, I decided to go to mexico, after my insurance gave the run around. The best thing i had ever done for myself, alleluya!!!! Nowadays, my blood preasure is normal, so is my A1C, and my cholesterol. I still have hypothyrodism and my allergies, but that's it, not bad for a 42 year old, nowadays. Because of my thyroid problem, i recognize that i have to be more focus than perhaps others without it. I'm a gym freak and i love challenges, and i love to work myself into them. I still have 50 more pounds to go and i'm not giving up, the victory is for those who stay thru to themselves thru hard work and determination. Sorry for the long story, I just needed to share this and i hope this touches somebody, who needs it. Happy Friday! 

cajunlady1958
on 3/7/14 4:35 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I have a thyroid problem too and tend to lose slower than other people. I also would like to lose around 54 more pounds so I can finally say I reached goal. Keep up the good work.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views