ER visit

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/14 11:04 am, edited 4/20/14 11:14 am - AZ

I work in a hospital, and I was on call today...well, they called me in for a couple cases. I felt like I was going to pass out. The Dr. I was working with told me I needed to go to the ER right away (I was really pale & dry) Our ER was packed, so I went to a near by hospital.. I have been having diarrhea for the past couple days (stomach bug) and finally just used up what I had in me. I get to the hospital and the nurse checks my urine & blood.. Dr. says that he is surprised I was still standing I was so dehyrated.. I ended up getting 2 liters of fluids, and meds for nausea and diarrhea. Im home now, but still very weak.. Gosh I hope this passes soon!

Hope everyone else is having a great Easter!

Tina M.
on 4/20/14 11:19 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/14

Oh no... Hope you feel better soon.

My new life began on April 30th, 2014!  

Start of Pre-Op Diet Weight: 282     Surgery Weight: 268     

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/14 11:22 am - AZ

Thank you..

mswatts
on 4/20/14 11:31 am

Hate to hear that hope you feel better do you keep track of the liquids your putting in? I haven't been I just sip when I think about it I just had my sleeve done on Thursday and having a hard time with my protein shake but I eat a 1/4 of jello and a popsicle and water and Crystal light hope im keeping myself hydrated

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/14 1:18 pm - AZ
On April 20, 2014 at 6:31 PM Pacific Time, mswatts wrote:

Hate to hear that hope you feel better do you keep track of the liquids your putting in? I haven't been I just sip when I think about it I just had my sleeve done on Thursday and having a hard time with my protein shake but I eat a 1/4 of jello and a popsicle and water and Crystal light hope im keeping myself hydrated

Thank you..

Yes I keep track..  But the diarrhea was so bad, I lost everything I put in : (

It's very important to keep hydrated, you might want to start keeping track of your fluid intake. Try using a certain size water bottle, and know how many times you need to fill it.. so you can get to your min 64oz per day. Good luck!

mswatts
on 4/20/14 1:33 pm

Thanks sooooo much. I will get me a specific water bottle to keep track I know this already it seems like it all moves so fast 

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/14 2:08 pm - AZ
On April 20, 2014 at 8:33 PM Pacific Time, mswatts wrote:

Thanks sooooo much. I will get me a specific water bottle to keep track I know this already it seems like it all moves so fast 

You're welcome.. it's hard to get all the water in at first.. Im 7 weeks out now and it has became alot easier with every week : )

pharmagirl_45
on 4/20/14 12:23 pm - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Sorry you are not feeling well.  Get better soon!

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Kelly Jean
on 4/20/14 10:02 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

I'm so sorry you wound up in the er ...best of luck hope you feel better.... I carry around a bottle of smar****er where ever I go its 33.8 oz and then just refill when need I know I have to drink 2 a day.....   no thinking involved.... it's hard as hell for me right now but I'm trying... I've already been back for dehydrating.  I don't want to do that again....

GOOD LUCK.   ♡♡♡♡ 

tansey90
on 4/20/14 11:34 pm

Hope you are feeling much better today.

Lisa B (tansey90)

Snellville, GA

Most Active