Met with surgeon Monday

annelinda59
on 5/2/14 12:41 pm
VSG on 06/03/14 with

I had my first meeting with the surgeon Monday. I've been researching for about three months, reading everything I could find. My PCP recommended the RNY, but the more I researched, the more I like the sleeve. The surgeon said that his patients were having very similar results, so the sleeve would be a good choice. He said I should expect to lose 160. I would really like to lose 200, which seems doable if I apply everything I've learned.

I've had good luck losing weight in the past, I just keep finding it again. I even lost weight doing hypnosis (86 pounds). I've lost 50 pounds since late February. This time I'd like to keep it off, which is why I'm not "doing it on my own" this time. I need this tool. Oh, and my BMI is even higher than I thought, because I'm 5' 6" instead of 5' 7.75". Bummer! Thanks for all the information shared here.

5'6" SW 359

4jessie
on 5/3/14 12:25 am

I know what you mean about good luck losing weight and finding it again, I think I lost the same 50 pounds a dozen or more times in my life! This time it is different, this time I know I can get to goal. Good luck to you on your journey, this is an amazing experience!

Surgery Day 3/20/14 Dr. Peter Billing

Pre-Op 336, Day of Surgery 322, Current Weight 250 (1/1/15) 86 lbs lost

Most Active