Anyone else have issues sleeping 1-2 months post op?

feels_so_good
on 6/26/14 12:07 pm
VSG on 05/20/14

After that 1st week or two post op, I started having issues falling asleep and waking up early - very unusual for me, almost to the point I was wondering if something was wrong. Huge change vs preop

At this weeks support meeting by the nurse facilitator, one random off topic sentence that was not followed up on - she said lots of patients complain about not sleeping well post op. As she added she thinks it's hormones released from our fat that mess with our normal status quo, several others in the meeting also nodded in agreement with the sleeping issues. 

I never would have guessed I'd have to much energy for a good nights sleep on 800 calories!

5'10" Male : Consult Weight 428 1/16/14 : Pre-op m1 -3, m2 -12, m3 0, m4 -27 : SW 386 : m1 -25, m2 -22 m3 -15 4 -12: LW 278 CW 320 : Total Loss 108

Ohiogirl
on 6/26/14 2:05 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12

I still have not gotten a good night's sleep and I am 21 months post op.  I have sleep apnea and I still have to use my vpap and pre op, I used to go to sleep so easily and sleep for 8 hrs or so - rested and ready to go when I got up.  Post op -  I can't seem to get to sleep before 3am and I wake often and finally get up at 8 or so.  I know sleeping so little is not good for me but I can't seem to go back to sleep or stay asleep.  I have been reevaluated for the sleep apnea and I switched to the auto adjust machine - so it's not the problem.  I have not read anything from any other sleevers this far out about having sleep problems so I hope for your sake that you won't have a similar experience.  Good luck.

Paula

Redhotqtee
on 6/26/14 10:35 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I've been having sleeping issues post op.. Prior to the surgery, I would fall asleep any and everywhere. If I was sleep and was awaken for some reason, I was able to go right back to sleep.  Now, after having the surgery, I sleep "very lightly". If the smallest thing wakes me up, Im up..I can not go right back to sleep.  Im up for about 2-4 hours before I can go back to sleep.  I guess the good thing is, if I stay up, Im not tired.  And another good thing is that I dont snore anymore.  But just lying there restless in the bed not being able to go back to sleep kinda sucks...

Most Active