Any one lost their taste (not hunger) of food?

feels_so_good
on 7/2/14 1:03 pm
VSG on 05/20/14

I've been feeling a bit off this week. Eating all the same things I have been eating the last couple weeks but nothing tastes good, nothing. I put food in my mouth and would rather not swallow, sometimes I am wanting to gag and have spit out a few bites and cut my meals short due to the foul taste. Eggs, chicken, yogur****er, shakes, beans, cheese, pork, fish...

My stomach (general belly region) is very bloated (and pumping gas out of both ends - tmi :)  so I could be coming down with something? It almost feels the same way it did coming home from the hospital w/o the incision pain. 

I've gotten used to not being hungry, but at least the food still tasted good in my mouth (when getting in my 600-800 calories of protein). 

5'10" Male : Consult Weight 428 1/16/14 : Pre-op m1 -3, m2 -12, m3 0, m4 -27 : SW 386 : m1 -25, m2 -22 m3 -15 4 -12: LW 278 CW 320 : Total Loss 108

csbsteph
on 7/2/14 3:01 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

My tastes in food have changed a lot since surgery; I really love things that I wasn't so crazy about before like broccoli & salmon.  I ate a Mcdouble meat only patty from Mcdonalds which I used to love as my formerly fatter self...I'm very thankful that they now taste like a salt pile so I have no desire to have another.  I have also noticed that I put onions on my tuna salads now to kick up the flavor some.  You will find some things you like so hang in there.  Look for some high protein soup or beans while your on the search for things you like again.  Someone posted about using canned chicken or rotisserie chicken, chicken broth & fresh cooked or canned spinach & putting it in a food processor to make a high protein soup, I did that several times in the beginning; it looks pretty gross but actually tastes great.  Protein drink mixes that tasted great to me before surgery are also not good to me anymore & some of the protein bars are just too sweet for my taste.  You'll find stuff you like ck with your NUT & Doc for help with meal planning too.  Good luck.

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views