August sleevers?

Snowbutterfly
on 7/12/14 3:30 pm

I'm new to the site and just wanted to say hi. I've been actively participating in another site but my surgeons office highly recommends this site so I thought i would check it out.

I have Federal BCBS and already finished all preop requirements and had my surgeons office submit my paperwork to the insurance company. I was approve for surgery 4 days ago and am scheduled for surgery on Aug 25th. 

Im very excited and nervous all at once. I keep having "WOW this is really happening" moments. I dont think it will feel real until im being prepped for surgery though. 

Any other Aug sleevers? I'd love to talk and help support each other. 

Scarson
on 7/13/14 3:57 am - Canada

i am an almost august sleever. surgery ison the 29th of july if all goesas planned.

mikesmom3502
on 7/13/14 4:31 am
VSG on 08/06/14

I know exactly what you mean about excited and nervous all at once!    My surgery is scheduled for August 6th.  While i was getting everything together for this i wasn't as nervous, but now that everything is done, and it is just a matter of time.. I have those "wow, this is really happening" moments alot!!   I've been getting as much together for it as i can, bought my vitamins, etc..    Good luck with your journey!!  

Surgery Date: August 6, 2014. (Dr's Goal weight for me is set at 162~My Goal Weight is 145.  (I think, will see how i feel at 162!)

Weight at Start of this Journey - 243.5 , SW 228.5, 

Snowbutterfly
on 7/17/14 3:16 pm

Nice!! I was supose to be aug 5 but my surgeon decided he needed a vacation and they rescheduled me for the 25th. I was upset at first but now im trying to look at it as a plus (more prep time to get my stuff together). What kind of preop diet are you doing?

LeapSecond
on 7/13/14 7:00 am - AR

Waiting for my psych evaluation to schedule a date but sounds like August.  Hope so anyway.

Snowbutterfly
on 7/17/14 3:17 pm

Sweet! Have you already done it or are you waiting on the paperwork from it? Mine was probably the most difficult part of my process but thats only because of a misunderstanding. 

bigabeeb
on 7/13/14 8:06 am
VSG on 08/04/14

Hi.  I am scheduled for August 4th.  I have nutrition class and pre-op physical tomorrow.  I have been so excited until 2 days ago.  Now I am nervous.  I am not worried about the surgery, but afterwards--- can I really do this, will I have enough energy when I go back to work, what will I eat???  I cannot stop thinking.  

Stay in touch.  Reading and posting on here has really helped--just knowing that there are others out there going through  what you are is nice.

HW-- 322     CW--203

Snowbutterfly
on 7/17/14 3:23 pm

OMG those are the same thoughts going through my head!! I had a mini anxiety attack today after reading someones post about how their dr didn't recomend the sleeve because you could "cheat" on it. I then started thinking all sorts of self doubt thoughts. 

Im also worried about the energy level when going back to work. I have a desk job, but it requires ALOT of mental acuity.  Do you have a physical job?

What kind of post op diet do you have?? My surgeon said im going straight to pureed/soft food. Im a big texture eater so the thought of pureing anything (i've heard alot of people sugest meat) makes me gag so i totally understand the thought of "what will i eat".  I think i've settled on lots of cream of chicken soup lol.

secretsleeves
on 7/13/14 8:42 am

I am August 6th as well. It was so nice to find this thread and see who else is having their surgery in August.

I have gone from excited to nervous as well. I finish up my pre-op tests this week and then just wait.

I have to start my pre-op diet 1 week before surgery. I drink 2 protein drinks for breakfast and lunch and then a small healthy dinner.

Looking forward to hearing how you all are doing as well!

VSG on 8/6/2014

Scarson
on 7/13/14 8:57 am - Canada

I am happy to be getting this done. If I have fears then the chief among them is that I will go through all this trouble and effort just to have the process fail in a year or so. I have been fit before (as an adult) and I know what a good diet is so am I going to reach my goal just to slowly fail at another diet?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views