Post sleeve pain and hiccups

Journey2014
on 7/22/14 9:46 pm

I was sleeved Mon and came home yesterday. I have been sipping and walking. Had to sleep in my recliner and have to move every hour it seems. The part that concerns me are the hiccups, dry heaves and throwing up bile. I also have pain under my left shoulder blade. Any suggestions/thoughts?

~Rock bottom has become a solid foundation on which I will rebuild my life~

greensleeved
on 7/22/14 9:57 pm
VSG on 07/10/14 with

I'm 13 days post-op and  didn't have hiccups but had all the other symptoms you describe. My nurse told me to sip more slowly if I got hiccups. The dry heaves and bile subsided around day 3, and the left shoulder blade pain is from the gas they used to inflate your stomach. For some reason it settles there for a lot of people. Lock your fingers and stretch your arms over your head. Gas-X tabs and lots of walking help too.

I PROMISE it gets better. Take your pain meds, walk and wait. In a week you will feel like a new person.

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

Kelly Jean
on 7/22/14 9:58 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Have you called your surgeon. .. I'm sure everything is fine but I'd make sure and call...... 

♡Kelly 

Redhotqtee
on 7/22/14 10:10 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I didnt have the hiccups or dry heaves, but I was throwing up bile 4 days after my surgery.  I ended up going to the ER and after a battery of tests, I had a hernia/bowel obstruction.  I was admitted back into the hosptal to have that repaired.  I would definetly call your Surgeon's office. 

Tracy D.
on 7/22/14 10:48 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Use a heating pad on the shoulder pain - it really helps that anesthesia gas that's trapped there.  Keep moving and it will eventually work its way out.  

If you're getting a lot of bile that means you have a lot of acid activity going on.  Did your doc put you on a PPI yet?  If not, I would call and ask to get on one to cut down on that.  Hiccups for me always indicated eating/drinking too fast or too much at one time.  It was my signal for "full" or "too much".  Not sure if that's what's going on for you.  But things DO calm down after a week or two. 

Hang in there! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active