Surgery in 3 weeks just started 3 week diet HELP!

BECKYPARKS
on 8/1/14 4:52 am - LONDON, KY

Can anyone help me on ideas with the  hunger..what I should do the night before surgery and what to expect afterwards? Weight loss? Im 280 lbs any one have any advice or ideas :) Becky

ToFreeSkinnyMe
on 8/1/14 7:43 am
VSG on 07/28/14

Follow your program. It's in place for a reason. The more protein I got in, the less hunger I felt. Avoid situations that center around food. I had a ticker on my phone counting down the days. It went quick. Good luck! 

jobe05
on 8/1/14 9:40 am, edited 8/1/14 9:51 am

I too am in the Liver shrinking stage. to help with "Dry" cooking, we went to Walmart and bought one of these grills, it's like a George foreman but is smaller, heats up a lot more, plates are removable for cleaning and the plates are double sided so you can cook on the Grill with the lines or the Griddle which is flat.  Love this thing!  it was a life safer because nothing I had before I started using this tasted very good. 

I buy chicken tenders, cod fillets, Scallops, Lean steaks,  Salmon, just about anything that I can have on the LS diet I can dry cook on this grill, it's awesome and with a little salt and pepper, everything taste really good that comes off it.  Yesterday I sliced a zucchini from the Garden, salted it and put it on the grill, it was great!  Dinners now take literally a couple of minutes to cook.  It takes longer to Microwave a bag of steamed veggies that it does to cook the protein.  It cleans up easily and stores anywhere.  Worth the price for it thats for sure!

With that said:  Eat slower!  My dinner is spaced out over a 20 minute period and I chew the meat to oblivion, setting the knife and fork down on my plate between bites.  That will help me prepare for the solid foods afterwards when I can have them.   I am 4 days into this now, and have drank fluids with every meal.  Today, I did not drink before my meal, during my meal and not for 45 minutes after.  I am now about 1/3 the way through my G2 Grape drink and I actually feel rather full!  First time in days.  So I think I am giving up the drinking around meal time!  I also take this as "One Day At A Time".........  Today is over now for food, I am satisfied!  Tomorrow will start another day, that I will handle the same was as I did today.  We can do anything for a few weeks if we put our minds to it!!  Keep up the good work!

Most Active