Two days post op

claricey
on 8/21/14 4:10 am

Got my sleeve on Tuesday came home yesterday evening. Feeling very tired as I did not sleep in the hospital at all Tuesday and did not sleep last night. Finally things started calming down this morning and I was able to stop my pain meds which were giving me a terrible headache. (Dilaudid)   Overall not doing too badly just very tired and my incisions are very puffy so it makes it hard to move around. Anyone else?

Tracy D.
on 8/21/14 4:32 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Just wanted to say "welcome to the loser's bench"!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

2ndtimesacharm
on 8/21/14 5:33 am

Had my sleeve yesterday still in hospital now I have 101.8 fever I've been fine though walking and had chicken broth not sure what's going on 

good luck 

claricey
on 8/21/14 5:59 am

Oh no! Glad you're still in the hospital so they can find out what's up with this temp.  Good luck I hope all goes well and your're home soon.

claricey
on 8/21/14 6:11 am

That was weird. I posted it but it came up with all your profile information.   Computers!

Footballbee
on 8/21/14 9:42 pm

My wife and I both had sleeve surgery on Monday.  We went home Tuesday afternoon.  I stopped taking pain meds on Wednesday, my wife needed to keep taking them.  She is now cutting down on them today (Friday).

Minor pain in the incision areas, especially one that I suspect the excess stomach was pulled out through.  

We have been walking three times a day, increasing the distance gradually.  

For me the biggest problem is figuring out what to eat and drink.  I drank water in the hospital.  When I got home I tried a vitamin water ( some type of citrus/lemonade flavor) it took me all day to get 8 oz down.  I switched back to cool(not real cold) water and had better success.  Also found sugar free pop cycles were tolerated.  

Just comparing how I feel to my wife I think each person has a different pain tolerance.  This morning I got out of bed and was able to stretch my arms overhead without pain.  My wife still has some minor incision pain.  I feel good, but am thankful my lady keeps reminding me to take it easy, don't overdo it!

Each day there is less pain, less tiredness, keep moving forward at a slow and steady pace.  Your not alone!

claricey
on 8/22/14 3:38 am

Congrats to you and your wife on getting your sleeves!   Thanks so much for posting all about your experience. It really does help me as I'm going through the same things.  Because I didn't get any sleep in the hospital I'm still catching up on rest and I'm very tired. I know I need to walk more which I will do.  Take care and good luck!

Gwen M.
on 8/21/14 5:12 am, edited 8/21/14 5:35 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm pretty sure I did not make this post.  Weird.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 50 views