So thirsty!

Taylorb85
on 9/1/14 10:31 am

I am 2 weeks post op today and ever since I got my sleeve I have been insanely thirsty. I drink water all day. I wake up in the middle of the night multiple times dying of thirst. Sometimes I drink so fast that I get sick. Has anyone else experienced this? 

ashleylara
on 9/1/14 11:04 am
VSG on 08/19/14

I'm 2 weeks tomorrow and I feel that way at times like your mouth is so dry. Are u only drinking water. I drink lots of smar****er it helps. The crystal lights are yummy but makes my mouth dry. 

VSG on 8/19/14

HW:289 SW: 275 CW: 237.8

M:1 -23 M:2 -15

Taylorb85
on 9/2/14 1:18 pm

Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! I really don't drink anything bu****er. I tried crystal light a few times but like you said it just made my mouth really dry....

Needasplace
on 9/1/14 11:06 am - Plainfield, IL
VSG on 11/18/13

I experienced the same thing.  One reason I believe is we cannot hold as much water or anything else for that matter and your body still remembers.  Not only that, it's healthy.  After my owls my Dr said it was right up there with your protein.  No worries your new tummy will adjust.  

Taylorb85
on 9/2/14 1:20 pm

Well that makes sense. Speaking of protein, I have been really bad about getting my 60 grams per day. I'll be complete honest...I haven't had a shake since Sunday :( I just can't get them down!

mayad
on 9/2/14 1:52 pm - Canada

Try Camomile tea.  Since I came home I've been drinking it 3 times per day and it has really helped.  It soothes my mouth, throat and best of all my new tummy!  It can't hurt to try ... might help.  

Most Active