Rny to sleeve?

inspector-girl
on 9/15/14 4:01 pm - Somewhere, AK

So I had rny in 2003. About 4 years ago I had an issue. I can't be sure if what I'm dealing with now is related to it but I believe it to be that. A very long story short. I have these unexplainable and horrific painful random pains that occur whenever (only at night btw). I can get these pains 1-4 times a month or once in 6-8 months. I have no idea what triggers it. Well I have gained about 50 pounds back from  my lowest weight. Still 80 pounds down from my starting point. 

I habe a be been trying to work thru the pain as nobody has been able to say yes this is what you should do. Until today. My original surgeon (I picked an out of state surgeon) got all my tears back and his nurse called me. She told me the dr says I need a reversal. Not a revision. I'm not sure what my insurance will cover if anything. But I have to say this sleeve thing scares me. They let me know they'd go over my options on my visit 10-7. It just stinks tho as I live in alaska am flying to Reno and driving to Utah based on what ifs. I was informed that it's highly probably I could have surgery 3 days after my 10-7 visit. Can I have some input please

mickeymantle
on 9/15/14 4:34 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

before getitng any surgery you need to know what is corseing the pain , , getting a a reversal or revision may not help the problem

have you had your gallbladder checked , gallstones can be very painful

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

inspector-girl
on 9/16/14 12:29 am - Somewhere, AK

I've actually had several tests done over the years but felt my surgery hadn't failed me. But this pain has finally got me to the point I can't deal with it. I'd rather had 6 babies at one time with no drugs to deal with the pain than continuing on with these random attacks. The one thing that they see every time I have an attack is my blood liver enzymes jump to a frightening number in the range from 2-5k. They accused me the first time of being on a 3 day binge drinking athon. Yes I do have some alcohol now and then. But I mean really anything more than 1 1-2 glasses of wine makes me sleep!  I'm hardly a drinker. 

inspector-girl
on 9/16/14 2:15 am - Somewhere, AK

Gallbladder removed 2010

Dreamingofbeaches
on 9/15/14 4:36 pm
with

I would suggest you insist they give you more details on the phone before making the trip.  They should be able to explain the proposed procedure, even if they don't know if they will recommend it for you until they see you. Best wishes!

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

weese
on 9/15/14 9:38 pm
VSG on 02/26/14

Have u had any testing performed? They certainly should b testing before theyperform surgery. They should b doing xrays, a colonoscopy, a Hilda scan ...anything to see if there is a restriction. There could be adhesions blocking some of your intestine but some kind of noninvasive testing should be performed before cutting you open again. If the doctor refuses to do testing then I would find another doctor for a second opinion. Even in emergency situations they often perform multiple tests prior to performing surgery. If you have had all the testing make sure the doctor is explaining the problem in a way that you understand. Remember that doctors are employed by the patient to do a job just like anyone else. If you employed a carpenter to work on your house you would expect them to discuss the repairs prior to starting the job. You deserve no less with your body. Please keep us updated on your situation and good luck!

Lisa

Surgery 2/26/14 with Dr. Stephen Marshall in Peoria, Il

inspector-girl
on 9/16/14 12:24 am - Somewhere, AK

Yes. I've had cat scan upper gi and I'll be scoped again on 10-7. And blood work. I trust this surgeon completely. Yet I can't help but be nervous. I'm curious as what to expect with a sleeve. At least they leave your intestines. Sleeve not so much. I don't know what they found. He's now on vacation until 10-6. They don't review things with patients on the phone so I'm in the dark and full of worry for 3 more weeks

Gwen M.
on 9/16/14 1:11 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Your intestines remain completely intact with the sleeve.  The only thing the sleeve does is remove 85% of your stomach.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/14 1:50 am

Have you been checked for ovarian cysts and/or endometriosis? Cysts rupturing can be very very painful and endo can cause pain too. Can you get into a gynocologist and have them give you an ultrasound to check your uterus and ovaries?

And you are sure it's not gallbladder attacks, kidney stones or pancreatitis?

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs and good luck}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

inspector-girl
on 9/16/14 2:06 am - Somewhere, AK

I have. But I've had a complete hysterectomy so the lady parts are gone. And the pain is located exactly where my pouch is. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views