Ten and a half weeks out ...

Allison L.
on 9/15/14 5:52 am - Berkeley, CA

Inspired by JB, I decided to post my own view from my seat on the loser's bench. I had surgery on June 25 and am now 44 pounds down.

The days in the hospital were tough. I was puking blood and just generally felt sick. That was the worst of everything, and in hindsight it was bearable. No, I didn't like being on full liquids, but I toughed it out for two weeks and once I hit purees was thrilled. I too have struggled a little with integrating back into normal eating. There are so many temptations and, honestly, it's your choice to make. I found out the hard way the other day that dumping syndrome does happen to us sleevers (mini cinnamon rolls are now evil in my book). I'm actually grateful for it, though -- it's like my body telling me no, no, NO!

I've been super lucky to have great support from my family, friends and people like you. Of course it hasn't been easy. I've shed a few tears and thrown up every so often. It's par for the course. Onward!

mlgodfrey
on 9/15/14 7:44 am

Thanks for sharing your experience. I will be getting the sleeve procedure soon and I enjoy reading what others have gone through. Best wishes!

Gwen M.
on 9/15/14 9:07 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Glad things are going mainly well for you!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Allison L.
on 9/15/14 9:11 am - Berkeley, CA

Thanks to you both!

TeressaJ
on 9/15/14 10:16 am

We had surgery the same day! I'm down 43 lbs and have experienced much of the same things. I'm still not allowed to eat anything I want but have an appointment Wed so maybe then...

I, too, cursed those first weeks but they now seem long ago and like they went by very quickly. 

I don't seem to be able to digest some foods yet, like bread. It makes my stomach hurt.

Isn't it nice to have a place to share all of these experiences!?

Luvmygs
on 9/16/14 1:24 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I also have not had my surgery (waiting for approval from my insurance) and I'm very thankful for this site. I've learned so much from all the sharing of experiences, bad and good. Thank you and good luck on your journey.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views