Another step closer

Tealeyes
on 9/30/14 1:39 pm
VSG on 11/12/14

Well I found out today I have all my clearances. I have one more nutritionist appointment on Oct 15th and then an Appointment with the Surgeon on the 16th .. It is then that he will be scheduling the surgery!!!

At what point do you find out if you got Insurance Approval.  I know they already check to see if it is covered....When do I find out if I am approved??

Mary Gee
on 9/30/14 7:02 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Your surgeon's office will probably submit your paperwork to your insurer right after you see the surgeon.  Hopefully, you'll hear within a week.  My insurer, however, took 14 business days before issuing their approval.  It varies - feel free to call your insurer after they have the papers for a week.  Their used to getting calls!!

Good luck!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Tealeyes
on 10/1/14 7:09 am
VSG on 11/12/14

Thanks...yes that is what she said. Did you get your date when you saw the surgeon...or do they have to wait for the approval??

Wildnwonderful
on 9/30/14 7:04 pm

I have BCBS and they told me once all my tests were done it can take up to 15 days to be approved. She also said though that she has never seen it take that long, usually just a couple days. I'm one of those people that HAS to know though. So I would  call them and ask 3 or 4 times a week. I know over kill but, I drive myself crazy if I don't.  She also said they would send a letter to me and to the doctor stating I was approved.

Hope that helps. Every insurance is different.

Tealeyes
on 10/1/14 7:07 am
VSG on 11/12/14

Thanks.... I can see me doing the same thing!!!!!  I just want to KNOW...the girl who is handling my case told me that there shouldn't be a problem..and that at my Preop appointment they will give me a date and THEN get the approval....that is just nerve wracking to me!!!!.

Wildnwonderful
on 10/1/14 7:40 am

That would drive me NUTS! Get your mind set have the date and be already and then......wait. I am sure it will be approved but, it's always that little voice that says  "what if"

Good luck  and let us know I go for my second appointment Monday. I'm counting down.....2 more before I can schedule mine.

Tealeyes
on 10/1/14 9:36 am
VSG on 11/12/14

where are you located??

Most Active