"White knuckling it" - total carb detox

Amber G.
on 10/1/14 9:57 am, edited 10/1/14 10:05 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Hey all! Well the carb monster had its claws stuck in me tough! I recently took over a new and very busy district for work, and also lost day care for my 3 yr old son - all at the same time. I work from home, but am on the phone all day with customers and engineers. The stress of having my son home with me and working a very busy job, definitely took its tole on me! Stress is no joke in this journey! I am a big time stress eater!I started eating chips, crackers, real coffee with/creamer, etc again. I have even been having a glass of wine a couple days a week. Although I did not gain any weight in this period, it came to a complete stand still for about a month and a half. Which of course, was not motivating me at all either. Any who, I kept saying to my self "you will easily get back on track, as soon as you find day care again". Well, that has not happened yet, and I had to seriously check my self quick!I decided 3 days ago, that I was not going to start the excuse game and I was going to make the changes now. I had this MAJOR surgery for a reason, and I am getting to my dang goal at all costs! I went back to straight dense proteins for meals, shake in the AM, string cheese for snacks, NO wine, etc. I am VERY happy to report that I have lost 3 lbs in the last 2 days! Woo hoo! I'm back in this thing! Sometimes as they say, you got to just "white knuckle it" and get your head back in the game! Going back to the basics works! It is not easy, but it works :) 

luvmypuggies
on 10/1/14 10:19 am

Yay!  Good for you!  I can SO relate to this problem, and white-knuckling it really works. The bonus is that it pays off really quickly (usually drop and couple of pounds right away), and even better, the cravings dissipate after a couple of days.  Kudos for beating down the carb-monster and getting back in control. :)

Amber G.
on 10/1/14 11:17 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Thanks luvmypuggies! Its a monster alright lol - but I am pushing through! 

Jules78
on 10/1/14 10:22 am - GA
VSG on 05/01/14

Great job!!  I'm finding myself right there with you!  Hope to be just as successful. 

youtube channel- silkiilocks

Amber G.
on 10/1/14 11:18 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Thanks Jules! Its tough, but we can do this girl!! :) 

G5x5
on 10/1/14 10:51 am - VA

As you detox from carbs, add higher fat foods to your intake.  Don't sweat the calories, they don't matter.

Suggestions: Full fat cheese, macadamia nuts, hard boiled eggs.

If you do this, the added satiety will help.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Amber G.
on 10/1/14 11:20 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Thanks G5x5 for the advise! I hate eggs :( I wish I didn't, as I know they are are a great protein source for us! I do however love cheese! 

G5x5
on 10/1/14 11:40 am - VA

Just remember:

#1: if the cheese wasn't made on a farm somewhere, it's no good

#2: if it's labeled "Kraft" anywhere, it's no good

#3: basically, all processed cheese in any form is bad

I get my mine from the cheese selections at whole foods.  I usually buy one I know already and one to experiment with.  Supposedly the softer cheeses are better for us, but I'm partial to the harder ones.  My favorite at the moment is 5 year aged Gouda.  Mmmm good.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Tanya S.
on 10/1/14 12:32 pm
RNY on 03/25/14

Just wondering why "all processed cheese is bad". One of my go tos for snacks is Babybel Light cheese. Why is it bad?

56sunShine14
on 10/2/14 2:16 am

Now I always heard the soft ones are bad and the hard cheeses are good.  Hmmm..gonna have to look this one up for both of us

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Most Active