Sleeve feels tighter?

Dizzybell
on 10/1/14 10:14 am
VSG on 05/05/14

I am 5 months out and have done really well with my eating. 2-3 oz of protein each meal, keeping below 40g carbs. I feel like my capacity is really leveling out and I am pleased with the amount I can eat. Somedays my sleeve feels tighter than other days, but usually it's pretty consistent. Well, about a week ago my sleeve REALLY tightened up, I could only eat a few bites of food and I felt overstuffed, and came nowhere near my protein goals. I was probably only taking in 200 cals, and 25g protein! Wracking my brain, and fearing a stricture, I finally decided to try restarting my PPI, since I was only prescribed one for 90 days. It was like magic! My stomach feels so much better and my capacity is back to normal. Guess I really do have issues with stomach acid. It's strange because I didn't *feel* like I had reflux, but with the surgery it must present differently. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else was experiencing the same thing. Of course, talk to your surgeon/MD before starting or stopping any medication. My surgeon had warned me that I may need to continue taking a PPI. 

--Keri--

HW: 275 SW:272 CW: 165.3

TeressaJ
on 10/1/14 11:47 am

This is good advice. I am 3 months out today and only had a prescription for the first month and when it was gone I started taking over the counter which worked very well so 2 weeks ago I stopped taking any, thinking I didn't need it anymore. Three days ago I started taking it again because, like you, I felt like my capacity had shrunk! I'm feeling much better already.

Psyarah
on 10/2/14 7:12 pm

Im 3 weeks out and I still get indegestion and acid reflux, I think I would die if I dont take the meds everyday.  Before surgery I had some issues like lactose.  So far my stomach still feels a little funky.  And I def. cant eat all the food thats given to me.  Thats the only thing that worries me. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views