revision regrets (band to sleeve)

bandedladyg
on 10/22/14 3:48 am

For anyone who had done band to sleeve revision, do you know seriously regret the revision? Do you wish you had just had the band removed and no revision?

mmsmom
on 10/22/14 4:00 am - Woburn, MA

I had the band from Nov 2007 to Feb 2014. Got sleeved late April 2014 - no regrets.  I have lost over 70 lbs and feel terrific - no getting stuck, no choking on my own saliva at night.  I know if I just had the sleeve removed I would struggle with weight forever.  So far, I love my sleeve.

VSG on 04/28/2014

twosilly
on 10/22/14 7:18 am - Lynnwood, WA
VSG on 10/08/14
Good Morning ! I had my band out 8/28 (or so) because my band slipped. Band place 2/05 removed 8/14. After 9.5 years of working with the band, of course I was fearful of having my tool removed. After the band removal, my thrill was salads, and no choking feeling, no running to the bathroom, and no hearburn at night. I had the revision to the sleeve on 10/8 2 weeks ago. I have to say the "freedom" between the two surgeries was scary, I know me, and I know that there was a reason I need a tool! Luck have it, I didn't gain weight between the 2 surgery's. *add a week cruise in there and a vacation to N.C* but with the sleeve, its like I still have "restriction" but without the side effects. I am happy I made the sleeve decision.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views