Surgery on Monday-Not sure this is going to work for me

lfenix
on 10/23/14 11:09 pm, edited 10/24/14 4:22 am
VSG on 10/27/14 with

So, after nearly two weeks on the 1200 calorie a day protein shakes/bars and one meal a day pre-op diet, I've lost 2 pounds.  TWO FREAKING POUNDS! 

I'm starting to wonder if this is even going to work for me.  Someone please tell me they still lost weight even after not losing anything on the pre-op diet.  Please tell me I'm not about to waste all this money and risk my health and safety for nothing.

Sammy D.
on 10/23/14 11:45 pm - New Bern, NC
VSG on 11/06/14

Sounds to me your pre-op diet was pretty liberal. Mine has been 850 calories with nothing but shakes, bars and a couple veggies. Keep in mind though losing weight is important and helps reduce risk, the pre op diet is mainly to shrink the liver. As long as you have stayed on plan your liver should have shrunk and you will be fine. After the sleeve you will lose, just remember to stay compliant to plan and press on one day at a time.

HW: 478+ Consult: 478 Pre Op: 453 SW: 438 CW: 293 (7-20-15) GW: 225 LBS Gone: 185

VSG with Dr. T. Ryan Heider at the Center for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman 11-6-14

ACTS 2:38

BurberryPlaid
on 10/24/14 12:08 am - MA
VSG on 09/29/14

Ok DEEP Breath!!

everything will go great. I didn't have a pre-op diet per se. My surgeon gave me a goal weight but didn't make me go on full liquids until 2 days before surgery. I slowly lost weight but about 2 weeks before surgery I still had 5 pounds to go. I did the best I could but still had some food funerals. Despite that, on the day of surgery I was 6 pounds below my surgeon's goal! A week after surgery I was down 12 pounds from that. It might not show today but I bet by the day of surgery you'll see a good loss and immediately after you'll see a loss as long as you are committed to following your plan. Hang in there...you'll be fine!

- Steph Consult W 311 / SW 293 / Current W 267/ GW 165-160 HT: 5'9"

Missourimedic
on 10/24/14 1:01 am
VSG on 10/06/14 with

Yes take a deep breath, and exhale.... Everything will be fine, I am only 18 days Post-op and when I was on my pre-op diet I lost a few more pounds but had several days were I gained weight!! Yes I gained weight. your body is saying " WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO ME!! your mind is like "FORGET IT YOUR A LOSER!!!" well don't fall for it your better than that things will change I promise. You will have stalls all the time for females it is worse. Just stay strong and you can do this!!

keylady42
on 10/24/14 1:46 am

I am seven (7) months post-surgery and I have lost 144 pounds.  You need to stop, relax and breath!  Everything will go very well.  Like was said before in the other posts - Stick to the Plan!  Follow each detail.  Then ask God for the strength that only He can provide.  You will do great!  I truly believe that this was a special blessing from God and I am glad for taking that first step.  Take one day at a time.  God bless you!

lfenix
on 10/24/14 1:58 am
VSG on 10/27/14 with

Thank you for reminding me that God has been in control of this process for me from the beginning!  He has opened the doors, and He has been faithful throughout the past year, which has been terrible, going through a divorce after 26 years of marriage.  But if He brought me to it, He will bring me through it, and I KNOW that God brought me to this surgery!  

Thanks again for the encouragement.  

keylady42
on 10/24/14 2:10 am

My journey started last year, trying to get ready for the surgery through counseling, tests, etc.  Each and every step was with God right beside me.  He saw my tears when there were set-backs, "something hurt", etc.  He was there with each and every victory and special blessing.  And HE will be there for you too.  I cannot image the pain you have felt this past year with going through a divorce after 26 years of marriage, but I do know the One that was right there beside you.  God will be there with you, but please believe me - take it one step at a time!  I will say prayers for you.  You can post with me anytime - I can be your on-line support person.  One of my favorite songs is "Joy Comes in the Morning".  The chorus says; "Hold on my Child; Joy Comes in the Morning.  Weeping only last for the night.  Hold on my Child; Joy Comes in the Morning.  The darkest hour means dawn is just in sight."  So. . ."Hold On!"

lionhounds
on 10/24/14 4:11 pm - Burleson, TX

He has you in the palm of HIS hand

jenn1469
on 10/24/14 1:48 am

I lost nothing pre op and guess what I'm 4.5 post op and down 53 pounds and in a size 6 trust me it works

Jennifer

White Dove
on 10/24/14 2:10 am - Warren, OH

1200 calories is a maintenance diet for me.  I am surprised you lost 2 pounds on it.  After surgery you should be consuming much less and losing much more.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 28 views