Surface Tension of Water

sTuRnAsCeYt
on 10/27/14 1:57 am, edited 10/27/14 2:25 am

So, a few months ago I read a post here that indicated that the reason some people have an issue drinking water, and need to try different temperatures, is because of the surface tension of the water. Someone had suggested adding a little lemon to the water to help break the surface tension and making it easier to get the water in. This made me think about a coworker of mine from 10+ years ago saying that she and her husband swear by a product called Willard Water. She told me that it makes “water wetter” by breaking the surface tension, thus allowing it to be more efficient and making it more “bioavailable,” if you will. I remember reading up on Willard Water years ago and that is exactly what it claimed to do.

I have done quite a bit of research on it and there are people that swear by it and of course plenty of naysayers, just like there is with anything. I am just curious if anyone has ever heard of, used, or have opinions about it?

Here is the website; they have several pages that explain what Willard Water is and how it works.

hollykim
on 10/27/14 8:36 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I used it years ago  pre Wls. I never could really tell that it made any difference personally. Haven't heard of it  in years. I don't guess it would hurt anything.

Jls8877
on 10/28/14 3:26 am

I haven't heard of that product but Im over 2yrs post op and still have trouble w/plain water. It literally feels like a lead weight in my stomach. If I add lemon/lime juice, I can down it.

Most Active