Post-op liquid diet

renaenhenry
on 10/25/14 10:31 am

So I am about a week out of surgery and I'm having trouble getting in protein. Its not that I cant get it down, its just that everything is sweet and I'm tired of it!!! I was wondering if anyone had any recipes or advice or anything to help me last these 2 more weeks untill I can get on pureed foods. Thanks!!

akbrunswick
on 10/25/14 11:21 am - Tampa, FL
You can add unflavored protein powder to low fat cream soup. Unjury also makes a protein chicken broth that is pretty good.

HW 252. SW 243 PreOp 225.7 GW 150        

rumpole6
on 10/25/14 11:28 am

You can also add nonfat dry milk to the creamed soup to make it richer and add protein

Preop Diet 10/4/14; Sleeve: 10/13/14

Banana14
on 10/25/14 11:34 am

I'm in the same boat but cannot have creamed  soups yet. So tired of my protein shakes!

JAZZY150
on 10/26/14 4:50 am

I found using water, a scoop of powder, ice cubs, blend in blender and pour it in a shaker cup.  Not using milk/almond took some on the sweetness out.  My powder has 30 grams of protein, so was about halfway with my morning shake. I found an oatmeal(I can not stand oatmeal but) It's called Oat Fit, I'd mix applesauce and spices in the oatmeal.  My favorite was with apple spice and cinnamon. The oatmeal balanced out the sweetness of the applesauce.  It will be over before you know!  Chin up

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 34 views